Beyoncé is one of the most talented and gorgeous singers of all time. You are lucky If you witnessed her live performance on the stage. Can anyone sit idly hearing her songs?
Her looks, attitude, performance, singing, personality all attracted millions of people worldwide.
Beyoncé has sold 17 million album copies in US and more than 75 million copies worldwide. Her songs bagged 100 million sales worldwide with a separate 60 million for her band Destiny’s Child alone.
Dive in to know about Beyoncé’s height and weight, success story, personal info, body measurements, net worth, and more.
Beyoncé’s Journey to Stardom
Welcome to the story of how a little girl transformed into a world-famous celebrity breaking the records and bagging an endless list of awards and honors.
Beyoncé started her journey at eight years old. She along with her friend Kelly Rowland were selected for an entertainment girl group Called ‘Girl’s Tyme’.
The group focused on rapping, singing, and dancing. They participated in National Talent Shows but could not bag a major title. Soon, her father quit his job to manage the group.
The group signed for Grass Roots Entertainment Company to create albums and cover songs. Later they made their debut album for Sony Music and later signed a professional contract with Columbia Records.
In 1996, they changed the group name to ‘Destiny’s Child’. This name was inspired by ‘The Book of Isaiah’ from the Holy Bible.
They released their debut label song ‘Killing Time’ for the film ‘Men in Black’. The group released their debut single ‘No, No, No’. This song became a hit across the US. Their songs ‘Bills, Bills, Bills’, ‘Jumpin’ Jumpin’ and ‘Say My Name’ became a hit among the public.
During this time Beyoncé had severe depression mainly because her boyfriend cheated on her. It was this time that her band won Grammy Award. In 2000, they made the soundtrack for the movie ‘Charlie’s Angels’ and it became a hit.
Beyoncé sang her solo in Jay-Z’s song ’03 Bonnie & Clyde’. Her singles ‘Crazy in Love’, ‘B’Day’ became a hit and bagged major awards. She made her debut acting in film in ‘Pink Panther’ released in 2006 which was a commercial success.
In November 2008, she released her album ‘I Am…Sasha Fierce’. This album depicts her alter ego Sasha Fierce converged within her during the making of ‘Crazy in Love’ song.
The album received a positive review from some critics. It also bagged several awards for her. Her ‘The Mrs. Carter Show World Tour’ in Serbia became one of the most successful world tours ever.
She released her sixth studio album ‘Lemonade’ in April 2016. This album received great appreciation from critics and the public. The tracks were listed in the top charts in the US.
Beyoncé holds the unbeaten records of ‘most awarded singer, most-awarded female artist, and second-most awarded artist in the history of Grammy Awards.
Beyoncé’s Height and Weight
Beyoncé has an hourglass figure. She has a height of 5 feet 7 inches (170 cm or 1.7m). She weighs 56 kg (123 pounds).
Even though she is 40 years old, she looks so young and physically fit. The singer has a well-organized diet and workout routine.
Let’s explore the dating history of Beyoncé.
Beyoncé had a relationship with Lyndall Locke from 1993-2000. They met each other at high school. It has been reported that Lyndall had cheated on her which resulted in their breakup.
However, they dated again but soon they broke up after Lyndall ditched her a second time.
There are rumors that Beyoncé had dated singer Justin Timberlake, Basketball player Kobe Bryant, singer Sisqo, singer Marques Houston, rapper Mos Def, singer Pharrell Williams, and singer Sean Paul.
Beyoncé met the love of her life Jay-Z in 2002. He was a motivating force and this helped her to achieve greater heights in her career. Initially, they get to know each other through the phone.
Their relationship was confirmed when the duo appeared together on the red carpet in 2004. They got married in April 4, 2008. They were blessed with a daughter Blue Ivy Carter and twins Rumi Carter and Sir Carter.
Their elder daughter was born on January 7, 2012. Beyoncé gave birth to the twins on June 13, 2017. The couple had been together for 13 years and is one of the most popular celebrity couples.
Beyoncé’s Personal Info
Beyoncé Giselle Knowles was born on September 4, 1981, in Houston, Texas, US. Her father Mathew Knowles was a Xerox sales manager and her mother Tina Knowles is a hairstylist and salon owner.
Her younger sister, Solange Knowles is a famous singer and backup dancer. Go through the list to know more about Beyoncé.
- Birth Name: Beyoncé Giselle Knowles.
- Nickname: Sasha Fierce, Be, Beyoncé Knowles Carter, Queen B, Bee, Mothe, JuJu.
- Date of Birth: 4 September 1981.
- Age: 40 years old.
- Birthplace: Houston, Texas, US.
- Religion: Christianity (Methodist).
- Zodiac Sign: Virgo.
- Father Name: Mathew Knowles.
- Mother Name: Tina Lawson.
- Siblings Name: Brother- Nixon Knowles, Sisters-Solange Lawman, Bianca Knowles.
- Spouse/Partner: Shawn Corey Crater (Jay Z) – Married in 2008.
- Children: Blue Ivy Carter, Twins- Rumi Carter & Sir Carter.
- Ethnicity: Father- African American, Mother- Louisiana Creole (African, Native American, Spanish, Irish and French ancestry).
- Occupation: Singer, Songwriter, Record Producer, Dancer, Actress, Director, Philanthropist, Entrepreneur.
- Education: High school. (High School for the Performing and Visual Arts and Alief Elsik High School).
- Tatoo: Angel tattoo (left hip), IV tattoo- Number ‘four’ in roman numerals as this number was special to Beyoncé and Jay Z (left ring finger), Three dots tattoo (left ring finger).
- Sexuality: Straight.
Beyonce’s Body Measurements
Beyoncé stands 5 feet 7 inches or 1.7m (170 cm) tall. She weighs 56 kg (123 pounds).
This stunning beauty has a chest size of 35 inches (89 cm), a waist size of 26 inches (66 cm), a hips size of 39 inches (99 cm), and a body measurement of 35-26-39 inches or 89-66-99 cm.
Beyoncé has an endomorph body type. She has an hourglass body shape with black hair and attractive dark brown eyes. She is notable with her curvaceous figure and voice.
Talking about outfit sizes, Beyoncé’s dress size is 8(US) or 40(EU) or 12(UK) and her shoe size is 8.5(US) or 39(EU) or 6(UK).
Beyoncé Body Measurements
170 cm (5 feet 7 inches)
56 kg (123 pounds)
35-26-39 inches (89-66-99 cm)
35 inches (89 cm)
26 inches (66 cm)
39 inches (99 cm)
Figure or Body Shape
curvaceous figure, and Voice
8 (US) or 40 (EU) or 12 (UK)
8.5(US) or 39 (EU) or 6 (UK)
Beyoncé’s Most Loved Things
We all have our unique bucket lists. Let’s explore what’s inside the favorite list of Beyoncé. She likes to eat fast foods and soul foods.
In an interview, she suggested her fans read the book ‘What Will It Take To Make a Woman President?’ by Marianne Schnall which is one of her favorite books. Still hungry for more? Go through the list below.
- Favorite Foods: Creole food, Honey nut cheerios, Popeyes, and Vegan pie. She likes to eat fast foods and soul foods.
- Favorite Places: Paris, Hawaii, Italy, Dominican Republic, Thailand, Africa.
- Favorite Movies: Sparkle, A Star is Born, Mahogany, Cooley High.
- Favorite Actress: Barbara Streisand, Diana Ross.
- Favorite Actor: Tom Hanks.
- Favorite Color: Her favorite colors are Pink and Gold.
- Favorite Artists: Michael Jackson, Mariah Carey, Cher and Prince.
- Favorite Outfits: She loves to wear sheet fabric outfits, gowns with sequins and jewels, gowns made with laces, outfits with plunging necklines and cutouts. She always wears large earrings at functions. For casuals, she prefers to wear dresses like t-shirts and jeans, edgy leather pants, pencil skirts, and tops tucked into tight jeans.
- Favorite Products: RCMA Color Process Foundation, L’Oreal Paris Magic Lumi Light Infusing Primer, NARS Blush, M.A.C Pro Longwear Fluidline Eye Liner Gel in Black track, L’Oreal Paris Brownstylist Definer Waterproof Eyebrow Pencil, L’Oreal Paris Lash Paradise Mascara, Tom Ford Bronzing Powder, Lemonhead LA Spacepaste Glitter in Houdini and Dirty Penny, L’Oreal Paris Rouge Signature Matte Lip Stain, L’Oreal Paris Elnett Satin Hairspray are some of her favorite products
- Favorite Books: The Rules by Ellen Fein and Sherrie Schneider, What Will It Take To Make a Woman President? by Marianne Schnall.
- Favorite Perfume: Emporio Armani Diamonds by Giorgio Armani, Beyoncé heat, Beyoncé pulp.
Besides these, Beyoncé loves swimming, reading, and writing.
Beyoncé’s Awards and Nominations
Hey, fans, get ready this list will blow your mind!
Beyoncé might have bought a separate house to store all her awards and achievements. She had bagged more awards than any other singer. She was the most awarded artist at MTV Video Music Award, BET Awards and Soul Train Award shows.
Throughout her career, she had won 542 awards among 1357 nominations!
Here is a glimpse of her achievements,
- 4Music Video Honors (2 Awards).
- African-American Film Critics Association (1 Award).
- African Entertainment Awards USA– (1 Award).
- AICE Award (3 Awards). American Music Awards (14 Awards).
- Apple Music Awards (1 Award).
- ASCAP Pop Music Award (21 Awards).
- ASCAP Rhythm & Soul Music Awards (37 Awards).
- BET Awards (32 Awards).
- Billboard Music Awards (27 Awards).
- Blockbuster Entertainment Awards (2 Awards).
- BRIT Awards (4 Awards).
- Critic’s Choice Movie Awards (2 Awards).
- Cosmopolitan Awards (1 Award).
- GAFFA Awards- Denmark, Norway, Sweden (4 Award).
- Grammy Awards (28 Awards).
- International Dance Music Awards (3 Awards).
- MTV Movie and TV Awards (2 Awards).
- MTV Video Music Awards (29 Awards).
- People’s Choice Awards (2 Awards).
- Soul Train Music Awards (21 Awards).
- Teen Choice Awards (10 Awards).
- World Music Awards (10 Awards).
These are some of the major awards. There is an endless list of awards and achievements. Beyoncé is the most awarded and nominated singer in Grammy Awards history!
Beyoncé’s Net Worth
Beyoncé is one of the richest singers in the world! She has a net worth of $500 million US Dollars as of 2022. Her income sources are mainly from Singing, world tours and stage shows, brand endorsements, fragrance companies, business, and social media.
Has Beyoncé done Cosmetic Surgery?
Beyoncé is one of the hottest and attractive singers in the world. She has millions of fans across the globe for her looks alone. But is it the result of plastic or cosmetic surgery?
There are a lot of rumors that the singer had taken fillers in her face to look young and get rid of scars and wrinkles. Also, her nose appears thinner than before.
Earlier, she had a wider nose but now she has a pointed nose tip with a slim nasal bridge. There is a chance that the singer had taken rhinoplasty. There are also rumors that she had done breast augmentation surgery as her breasts appear rounded than before.
It may be a natural change after pregnancy. Her skin looks so smooth and glowing. This is because of her excellent makeup and diet plans. Some reports say that Beyoncé had done liposuction surgeries to remove excess fat after pregnancy.
All these rumors are mere speculation without proper shreds of evidence. However, she looks awesome even in her forties.
The Bottom Line
Beyoncé is not only the favorite one for millions but also for celebrities too. She will be on the favorite lists of most celebrities. Besides this fame and glamour, she gives importance to donations and charity.
Beyoncé made donations during cyclones and natural disasters to rebuild shelter and provide food for the needy. She also raises her voice for education, against pollution and other global issues like uplifting the vulnerable sections of the society.
Beyoncé along with her husband Jay-Z had made significant donations during the Coronavirus pandemic time. All of these acts make Beyoncé an inspirational personality and a good soul.