Gisele Bündchen is an astounding fashion model and a great humanitarian. Her iconic physique, perfection, and attitude made her one of the top fashion models in the world.
Bündchen has been ranked in the beautiful, influential, and inspirational charts for several years. She is honored not only for her contributions to the fashion industry but also for her philanthropic works for society.
Get ready to explore Gisele Bündchen’s height and weight, body measurements, career success, net worth, personal info, and much more.
Gisele Bündchen’s Road to Success
Gisele Bündchen is a lady with a never give up attitude. She was rejected numerous times before she got a chance at the Alexander McQueen runway in 1998. She left Elite Model Management in 1999 and joined IMG Models.
Vogue described her as ‘World’s Hottest Model’. Gisele was also named ‘The Brazilian Bombshell’. For years, Gisele was featured in Dolce & Gabbana.
She had 11 consecutive fashion campaigns for them. Later on, she signed a professional contract with ‘Victoria’s Secret’. This supermodel wore the most expensive bra in the world for Victoria’s Secret and set the Guinness World Record.
The lingerie cost 15 Million US Dollars. It was a Red Colored Fantasy Bra from Victoria’s Secret. This was followed by the second most expensive one, Sexy Splendor Fantasy Bra which costs 12.5 Million US Dollars.
She has also acted in movies like, ‘The Devil Wears Prada’ (2006), and Taxi (2004). Gisele left Victoria’s Secret in 2007 due to the discomfort of wearing lingerie for photograph sessions.
This was stated in her memoir, ‘Lessons: My Path to a Meaningful Life’. She was acclaimed as the Most Powerful People in the Fashion World by New York Daily in 2008 and Biggest Star in Fashion History by The Independent in 2009.
As per Forbes, Gisele became the richest supermodel in the world in 2007. She was ranked in numerous fashion and influential charts during that period.
Time magazine named her as the Most Influential Fashion Icon. Bündchen holds the record of the most featured model in Vogue Brazil.
She was a part of the music covers of ‘Heart of Glass’ and ‘the kinks’ All Day and All of the Night’ which were done for the H&M charity campaign.
The model entered a professional contract with ‘Under Armour’ in 2014. Her contributions had increased the sales of the company within a short period.
Gisele had written a memoir named ‘Lessons: My Path to a Meaningful Life’ which topped sales and became the best seller book in the New York Times.
Gisele was a part of advertisement campaigns for ‘Versace’, ‘Valentino’, ‘Chloe’, ‘Dolce & Gabbana’, ‘Ralph Lauren’, ‘Gianfranco Ferre’, ‘Christian Dior’, ‘Givenchy’, ‘Salvatore Ferragamo’, ‘Louis Vuitton’, ‘Elle’, and much more.
Bündchen was featured in prestigious magazines like ‘Vogue Paris’, ‘British Vogue’, ‘i-d’, ‘US Vogue’, ‘GQ’, ‘Forbes’, ‘TIME’, ‘Esquire’, ‘Allure’, ‘Marie Claire’, ‘W’, and other premium brands across the globe.
Bündchen’s contributions to philanthropic works are remarkable. She had donated to the ‘Zero Hunger Program’ organized by Brazil.
Bündchen had participated in the campaign, ‘I am African’ which collects donations for AIDS treatment for the poorer sections of Africa.
The model founded ‘The Luz Foundation’ in 2007 focuses on women empowerment. She had made several donations to the Red Cross mainly for disaster relief funds.
Gisele and Tom had partnered to donate funds and services for initiatives like ‘Meals Up’, World Central Kitchen’, and ‘No Kid Hungry’ to wipe out food insecurity among the poor.
The model had made donations for the collection of PPE kits, masks, and sanitizers during the Covid pandemic in Brazil.
Bündchen is an environmental conservationist and nature lover too. She actively participated in activities to eliminate deforestation and protect the river basins, particularly in the Amazon and Atlantic Forests.
A forest was named after her called ‘Gisele Bündchen Forest. It is a 15-hectare land and 25000 seedlings were planted in the Atlantic Forest region. Bündchen is an active supporter of the World Wide Fund for Nature, and the World Wildlife Foundation.
She became the Goodwill Ambassador for the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) in 2009.
Gisele Bündchen’s Height and Weight
Gisele Bündchen stands 5 feet 11 inches (180 cm or 1.8 m) tall. She weighs 55 kg (121 pounds).
Bündchen has a banana-shaped body. The slim beauty has an athletic figure and is a stunning supermodel. She nourishes her body with balanced supplements and healthy food.
Gisele Bündchen’s Relationship Timeline
Well, let us explore the lucky men who dated Gisele Bündchen.
Gisele had dated João Paulo Diniz from December 1997 to February 1998. Diniz is 17 years older than her. The model was at the peak of her career at that time. The next year, she started a relationship with Scott Barnhill.
Soon the duo broke up. Her most popular boyfriend was the Hollywood superstar, Leonardo DiCaprio. Fans celebrated their relationship and the duo had perfect chemistry.
They dated on and off for five years. They started their first date in 1999. It ended after three years in 2002. The duo again fell in love in 2003 which lasted two years.
Gisele had a relationship with Rico Mansur in 2002. It was a brief one that lasted six months. She started dating Kelly Slater in 2005. They broke up in 2006.
Finally, she met her husband Tom Brady in 2006. They attended numerous fashion shows and red carpets together. The duo had dated for two years. In 2009, they got engaged and the duo tied the knot on February 26, 2009.
The couples are the blessed parents of two children Vivian Lake Brady and Benjamin Brady. Besides this they have another child, Jack is the son of Tom’s ex-wife.
Gisele is rumored to have dated Vikram Chatwal, Rodrigo Santoro, Chris Evans, and Josh Hartnett.
Gisele Bündchen’s Quick Bio
Gisele Caroline Bündchen was born on 20 July, 1980 in Horizontina, State of Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil. Gisele’s father Valdir Bündchen is a writer and sociologist and her mother Vania Nonnenmacher worked as a clerk in a bank.
The model has five sisters Patricia Nonnenmacher Bündchen, Rafaela Nonnenmacher Bündchen, Raquel Nonnenmacher Bündchen, Gabriela Nonnenmacher Bündchen, and Graziela Nonnenmacher Bündchen.
Patricia is her fraternal twin. Bündchen married Tom Brady on February 26, 2009. The couple is blessed with two children, Vivian Lake Brady and Benjamin Brady.
- Birth Name: Gisele Caroline Bündchen.
- Nickname: Gise, The Midas Queen, The Hurricane Gisele, La Bündchen.
- Date of Birth: July 20, 1980.
- Age: 42 years old (as in 2022).
- Birthplace: Horizontina, State of Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil.
- Religion: Christianity (Roman Catholic).
- Zodiac Sign: Cancer.
- Father Name: Valdir Bündchen.
- Mother Name: Vania Nonnenmacher.
- Siblings Name: Sisters- Patricia Nonnenmacher Bündchen (fraternal twin), Rafaela Nonnenmacher Bündchen, Raquel Nonnenmacher Bündchen, Gabriela Nonnenmacher Bündchen, Graziela Nonnenmacher Bündchen.
- Spouse/Partner: João Paulo Diniz (1997-1998), Scott Barnhill (1998-1999), Leonardo DiCaprio (1999-2005), Ricardo Mansur (2002), Kelly Slater (2005-2006), Tom Brady (married on February 26, 2009).
- Children: Daughter-Vivian Lake Brady, Son-Benjamin Brady.
- Ethnicity: Both her parents have German ancestry. Gisele is a German-Brazilian model.
- Occupation: Model, Actress, Producer, Voiceover Artist, Business Woman, Activist.
- Education: High School (CFJL School).
- Tatoo: Shooting Star tattoo (left wrist), Crescent Moon and Stars tattoo (right ankle).
- Sexuality: Straight.
Gisele Bündchen’s Body Measurements
Gisele Bündchen has an impressive height of 5 feet 11 inches or 1.8 m (180 cm). This is one of the requirements to be a fashion model. She weighs 55 kg (121 pounds).
The model has a chest size of 35 inches (88.9 cm), a waist size of 23 inches (58.4 cm), a hips size of 35 inches (88.9 cm), and a body measurement of 35-23-35 inches or 88.9-58.4-88.9 cm.
Gisele looks astounding with Blue eyes and blonde hair. She has an athletic build and a banana-shaped body. Talking about her outfit sizes, Gisele has a dress size of 4(US) or 36(EU) or 8(UK) and her shoe size is 9US) or 40(EU) or 7(UK).
Gisele Bündchen’s Body Measurements
180 cm (5 feet 11 inches)
55 kg (121 pounds)
35-23-35 inches (88.9-58.4-88.9 cm)
35 inches (88.9 cm)
23 inches (58.4 cm)
35 inches (88.9 cm)
Figure or Body Shape
Tall stature, Beautiful smile and hair
4(US) or 36(EU) or 8(UK)
9 (US) or 40(EU) or 7(UK)
Gisele Bündchen’s Favorite Things
Dive in to explore the supermodel’s favorite lists.
- Favorite Foods: Cheeseburger, Meat, Coco juice, Pizza, Chocolate drinks.
- Favorite Places: Paris, India, Costa Rica.
- Favorite Movies: Bicycle Thieves, Coco.
- Favorite Actress: Meryl Streep.
- Favorite Actor: Tom Cruise.
- Favorite Color: Green, Black, Red.
- Favorite Artists: Bruno Mars, Shakira, Marisa Monte, Jack Johnson, Caetano Veloso.
- Favorite Outfits: Skinny jeans, crop top, gowns, ripped jeans.
- Favorite Products: Dior’s Capture Totale Super Potent Serum, Tatcha The Rice Polish Foaming Enzyme Powder, Lancer TheMethod: Polish, Paula’s Choice Defense Essential Glow Moisturizer SPF 30, Briogeo B. Well Organic + Cold-Pressed 100% Castor Oil, Squalane + Marine Algae Eye Cream, The Now Refresh Eye Mask, Caudalie Vinoperfect Radiance Serum.
- Favorite Books: The Mastery of Love, Infinite View.
- Favorite Perfume: Dolce & Gabbana The One.
Besides these, Gisele loves reading, horseback riding, traveling, and playing volleyball.
Gisele Bündchen’s Awards and Nominations
In her short career span as a fashion model, Bündchen won many awards and honors. She bagged 5 major awards among 9 nominations.
- Phytoervas Fashion Award 1998- Model of the Year (Won).
- Vh1/Vogue Fashion Awards 1999- Model of the Year (Won).
- Harvard Medical School 2011- Global Citizen Award (Won).
- International Green Awards 2011- Best Green International Celebrity Award (Won).
- Green Carpet Fashion Award 2017- Eco Laureate Award (Won).
- Teen Choice Awards 2005- Choice Movie: Female Breakout Star (Nominated).
- Teen Choice Awards 2005- Choice Movie: Villain (Nominated).
- Premios Juventud 2006- Fashion and Image: Supermodel (Nominated).
- Premios Juventud 2007- Fashion and Image: Supermodel (Nominated).
Gisele Bündchen’s Net Worth
Gisele Bündchen ranks top in the list of highly paid supermodels in the world. Her net worth in 2022 is estimated at $400 million US Dollars. She has been ranked top of highly paid models from 2002 to 2017.
The model holds the Guinness Record for the most money earned by a model from June 2014 to June 2015.
Gisele earned a decent amount through selling her properties which can be a mansion, apartment, or a plot. These assets are bought in collaboration with her husband Tom Brady.
Did Gisele Bündchen Get Plastic Surgery?
What do you think of her beauty, is it completely natural or has she done cosmetic surgeries to attain more fairness? Let’s find out.
This supermodel had revealed that she had breast augmentation surgery. She said that breastfeeding her kids resulted in a size difference between her breasts.
Both her kids preferred her left breast more than the right during breastfeeding. It made an unevenness that created asymmetry. Of course, it is natural that one of them may or may not be larger than the other.
But in this case, the change is easily distinguishable. Gisele had no health issues due to this but her self-confidence dipped which made her vulnerable. Gisele opened up about her surgery through her book.
Gisele had her surgery in 2015 according to ‘People’. Now, she regrets her decision. The supermodel said that she felt uncomfortable, making it hard to recognize her body.
But the model was lucky to get a supporting husband. Her husband Tom loves her no matter what. Indeed a motivating partner is what every girl wishes for.
The Bottom Line
Gisele Bündchen is not just a world-famous fashion model. If we dig deeper into her life, we shall witness her contributions to humanity, nature, and wildlife. She is an active supporter of women’s empowerment, food campaigns, equality, and education.
The model has raised her voice against deforestation, pollution of water bodies, and river basins. Through unique strategies with non-profit organizations, she collects enormous funds to support these.