Halsey is an exceptional singer and songwriter. Her songs follow pop, synth pop, alternative pop, electro-pop, and indie pop singing styles.
She came from zero and conquered the globe through her astounding performances.
Halsey’s singing voice has marked differences from her normal talking voice. Her works mainly depict her experiences and hardships.
Get ready to explore Halsey’s success story, body measurements, height and weight, habits, net worth, bio, relationships, and much more.
Halsey’s Journey to Stardom
Halsey began her journey by posting her original songs on social media platforms like YouTube, Tumblr, and Kik.
She sang a parody song about Taylor Swift and Harry Styles by taking Taylor’s song ‘I knew You Were Trouble’ as the mother song for her parody. Halsey then posted a second song about their relationship in 2013.
After meeting a musician at a party, she sang for a collaboration song and released a song on SoundCloud titled ‘Ghost’ which focused on her experiences with her ex-boyfriend.
This song received positive reviews and it was listed on music charts. As a result, she got offers from various recording labels, and finally, Halsey signed with ‘Astralwerks’.
Halsey appeared in numerous acoustic and stage shows. Soon, she chose the name ‘Halsey’. It was because ‘Halsey’ is the anagram of her first name and it is the name of a street in New York City (the street which shaped her career).
In 2014, Halsey toured with the rock band ‘The Kooks’ performing several original songs and improving her performance. Her debut EP ‘Room 93’ was a hit and it was listed on Billboard charts in 2014.
Through her debut album ‘Badlands’, she introduced a dystopian future society. This album was ranked top in numerous countries. It received a platinum certification from RIAA twice.
She appeared in Justin Bieber’s ‘The Feeling’ song in 2015. Halsey signed an agreement with MAC Cosmetics in 2016. That same year, she released ‘Tokyo Narita’, a song produced by Lido.
Halsey co-wrote and sang Chainsmokers’ single ‘Closer’ in July 2016. The single was a super hit and commercial success. It topped the Billboard charts in numerous countries and became the most popular song on Spotify.
On July 29, the lyrical video was released on YouTube. It received billions of viewers. Halsey received a Grammy Award nomination that year.
Her single ‘Not Afraid Anymore’ was used in the movie ‘Fifty Shades Darker’ in 2017. The single ‘Now or Never’ received platinum certification from RIAA twice and it was liked by audiences.
Her second album ‘Hopeless Fountain Kingdom’ was released on June 2, 2017. This album depicts her bisexuality and her past relationship with Lido. The album ranked number 1 in the US and thus Halsey became the first woman to achieve it in 2017.
The album single ‘Bad at Love’ received a platinum certification by RIAA four times. Her final single ‘Alone’ too received platinum certification twice. It was ranked number 1 on the Billboard Dance Club list.
Her most successful single to date is ‘Without Me’ released on October 4, 2018. It remained the number 1 song on the Billboard chart for several weeks and received numerous platinum certifications from various countries.
In 2019, Halsey had done collaborations with popular music bands and pop singers. It includes Juice WRLD, Yungblud, and BTS. Her song with BTS ‘Boy with Luv’ became the most viewed video in under 24 hours on YouTube.
Within a day it gathered 74.6 Million views on YouTube. Her fourth album ‘If I Can’t Have Love, I Want Power’ received positive reviews from critics.
Halsey’s Quick Bio
Ashley Nicolette Frangipane popularly known as Halsey was born on September 29, 1994, in Edison, New Jersey, United States. Halsey is the daughter of Chris Frangipane and Nicole Frangipane.
Halsey has two brothers Dante Frangipane and Sevian Frangipane. Halsey is the blessed mother of Endler Ridley Aydin. She is a tattoo lover and has over 44 tattoos on her body including temporary and permanent tattoos.
- Birth Name: Ashley Nicolette Frangipane.
- Nickname: Halsey.
- Date of Birth: September 29, 1994.
- Age: 28 years old (as of 2022).
- Birthplace: Edison, New Jersey, United States.
- Religion: Atheist.
- Zodiac Sign: Libra.
- Father Name: Chris Frangipane.
- Mother Name: Nicole Frangipane.
- Siblings Name: Brother- Dante Frangipane, Sevian Frangipane.
- Spouse/Partner: Matt Healy (2013), Lido (2014-2016), Joshua Dun (2015), Ruby Rose (2015), Andrew Taggart (2016, 2017), Jared Leto (2016), Ashton Irwin (2016), G-Eazy (2017-2018), Machine Gun Kelly (2018-2019), Yungblud (2018), Evan Peters (2019-2020), Alev Aydin (2020- present).
- Children: Ender Ridley Aydin.
- Ethnicity: Father: African-American and distant Irish ancestry & Mother: Italian and Hungarian ancestry.
- Occupation: Singer, Songwriter, Model.
- Education: High School (Warren Hills Regional High School New Jersey, attended Rhode Island School of Design and Community College).
- Tatoo: Marlyn Manson tattoo (on her ribs), ‘I’m a Loser Baby text tattoo (neck), ‘BRAT’ tattoo (right forearm), Knife with a belt tattoo (right ankle), Sins and Forgiveness & Libra sign tattoo (right upper arm), lower leg with Nike shoes tattoo (left upper arm), Queen of Diamonds text tattoo (neck), Kissing mouths tattoo (right thigh), Four elements (right thigh), ‘XXX’ tattoo (right thumb), Face with Everything tattoo (left forearm), Planet Mars tattoo (left elbow), A Pair of Dice (left forearm), Horseshoe with flower (right shoulder), ‘Serendipity’ text tattoo (below left breast), Emblem of Mandalorians- Star Wars tattoo (right elbow), Number 17 tattoo (digit 1 on middle finger and gigit 7 on her index finger), Double Rose tattoo (left shoulder), ‘Heaven in Hiding’ text tattoo (left forearm), Matchstick tattoo (right forearm), Butterfly tattoo (left forearm), Scarf Band tattoo (left wrist), Numerical ‘511’ tattoo (left upper arm), Jeans with Playboy sign (left arm), ‘BABY’ text tattoo (lower waist), ‘NIGHTMARE’ tattoo (spine), OM tattoo (left forearm), Music Store tattoo (left upper arm), ‘HOPELESS’ tattoo (Buttock), Anchor tattoo (right feet), Sword tattoo (right thigh), ‘These Violent delights have violent ends’ text tattoo (right forearm), ‘FEROX’ text tattoo (thigh), ‘Crazy Kind’ text tattoo (left wrist), Star tattoo (shaved head), ‘929’ tattoo (right hand), ‘POOR THING’ tattoo (right knee), Barbed Wire tattoo (left wrist), Mythosaur-Star War tattoo (left forearm), Bjenny Montero tattoo (right forearm), ‘Seeds’ text tattoo (left foot).
- Sexuality: Straight.
Halsey’s Height and Weight
Halsey stands 5 feet 4 inches (163 cm or 1.63 m) tall and she weighs 54 kg (119 pounds).
She is a tattoo lover and has taken over 44 tattoos. Halsey does not follow a strict diet plan and workout schedule. However, she does exercise to remain fit and healthy.
Halsey’s Body Measurements
Halsey is 5 feet 4 inches or 1.63 m (163 cm) tall. She weighs 54 kg (119 pounds).
She has a chest size of 34 inches (86.3 cm), a waist size of 25 inches (63.5 cm), a hips size of 35 inches (88.9 cm), and a body measurement of 34-25-35 inches or 86.3-63.5-88.9 cm.
Halsey is beautiful with attractive hazel eyes. She dyes her hair with different colors and has numerous tattoos on her body.
The slim beauty has an hourglass body shape. Halsey’s dress size is 6(US) or 38(EU) or 10(UK) and her shoe size is 7(US) or 37.5(EU) or 5(UK).
Halsey’s Body Measurements
163 cm (5 feet 4 inches)
54 kg (119 pounds)
34-25-35 inches (86.3-63.5-88.9 cm)
34 inches (86.3 cm)
25 inches (63.5 cm)
35 inches (88.9 cm)
She dyes her hair with different colors
Figure or Body Shape
Multi-colored hair, Numerous body tattoos
6(US) or 38(EU) or 10(UK)
7(US) or 37.5(EU) or 5(UK)
Halsey’s Net Worth
Halsey has a net worth of 20 million US Dollars in 2022. She had a darker past full of struggles and hardships.
Through her willpower, talent and determination, she was successful in achieving financial freedom. Acting, promotions, and advertisements are the major sources of her income.
Halsey’s Dating History
Halsey started a relationship with Lido, a music producer from Norway. He produced one of her albums, ‘Badlands’. After two years of romance, the duo split up in 2016.
She started dating G-Eazy in July 2017. However, the duo broke up in October 2018. Halsey then started a relationship with Machine Gun Kelly in 2018. They confirmed their romance to the public.
But after a year the duo split. She had dated Yungblud that same year. It ended in 2019. Halsey had a relationship with Evan Peters. It started in 2019. The duo broke up in 2020.
From June 2020, Halsey dated Alev Aydin. The couple has a child named Ender Ridley Aydin.
Halsey is rumored to have dated Matt Healy, Joshua Dun, Ruby Rose, Andrew Taggart, Jared Leto, Ashton Irwin, Brigette Lundy-Paine, and Cara Delevingne.
Halsey’s Favorite Things
Are you curious to explore Halsey’s favorite lists?
- Favorite Foods: Pasta, Sandwich.
- Favorite Places: Dubai, New York.
- Favorite Movies: She loves animated, thriller, and romantic movies.
- Favorite Actress: Cobie Smulders, Anna Paquin.
- Favorite Actor: Jim Carrey, Keanu Reeves.
- Favorite Color: Pink, Blue, White.
- Favorite Artists: Lady Gaga, Taylor Swift, Christina Aguilera, Kanye West, David Bowie, Marilyn Manson, Alex Turner, Bob Dylan, Jimi Hendrix, Beck, Amy Winehouse.
- Favorite Outfits: Custom-made rainbow dress.
- Favorite Products: Act+Acre Cold Processed Scalp Detox, Hair Mask Creamy Deep Conditioner, Nyx The Brow Glue, Maybelline Lash Sensational Sky High Mascara.
- Favorite Books: Halsey loves to read motivational books, romantic books, and fashion magazines.
- Favorite Perfume: The Noir 29 from Le Labo.
Besides these, Halsey loves painting, shopping, and traveling.
Awards Won by Halsey
The spectacular singer Halsey has won 38 major awards among 109 nominations. That is awesome for a singer!
- American Music Awards 2019.
- Billboard Music Awards 2017 (3 awards).
- Billboard Women in Music 2016.
- BMI Pop Awards 2017, 2018, 2019 2020, 2021- Award Winning Songs (10 awards).
- BMI Pop Awards 2020, 2021 (2 awards).
- CMT Music Awards 2021.
- GLAAD Media Awards 2018.
- Global Awards 2019.
- iHeart Music Awards 2017, 2018, 2020 (3 awards).
- iHeartRadio Titanium Award 2019 (2 awards).
- Meus Prêmios Nick 2019.
- MTV Europe Music Awards 2019 (2 awards).
- MTV Italian Music Awards 2017.
- MTV Video Music Awards 2019.
- Myx Music Awards 2017, 2020 (2 awards).
- NME Awards 2022.
- RTHK International Pop Poll Awards 2017, 2020 (2 awards).
- Songwriters Hall of Fame 2019.
- Teen Choice Awards 2019 (2 awards).
- People’s Choice Awards 2016, 2019, 2020 (3 nominations).
- Grammy Awards 2017, 2022 (3 nominations).
Throughout her life, Halsey had to suffer several diseases. During her teenage years, Halsey suffered from Bipolar disorder.
She tried to attempt suicide due to this condition. Her mental health was weak and she once said that she had ADHD during her school days.
In 2016, she had a miscarriage due to her endometriosis disease. Halsey is gluten intolerant. In addition to these, she suffered from several syndromes which affected her physically and mentally.
Due to these conditions, she knows the mental state of a patient. Halsey actively participates in philanthropic works. She was a part of a charity single titled, ‘Hands’. Halsey supported suicide awareness campaigns and feminism.
She raises her voice against sexual assault and violence. She aims to inspire the victims to fight back and achieve their goals. She supported LGBT+ groups and motivates them.
Halsey also appeared in the ‘Earth’, a song to create climate change awareness among the public. Halsey launched ‘The Black Creator Fund’ in 2020.
Talking about her interests, Halsey loves painting, especially portrait drawing. Apart from these, she likes traveling and shopping.
Halsey’s name and fame were not served on a platter. There is an inspiring story behind it, a story of hardships and struggles, a story of rejection and bullying, and a story of poverty and nothingness.
Moreover, she was diagnosed with a long list of diseases. Amidst all these, what makes her an inspiring person? Her journey of rag to riches and overcoming these obstacles made her an inspiring personality.