Jamie Lee Curtis is one of the top-class actresses in Hollywood. She is popularly known as ‘Queen of Screams’. She became famous through Halloween movie sequels.
This vintage actress still grabs our attention through her looks, acting, and inspiring activity.
Apart from being an astounding actress, Jamie had written numerous books, especially for children. Most of them were published by HarperCollins children’s books.
Get ready to be amazed, Jamie had a patent in her name! She filed a patent for a diaper having moist-free pockets with wipes. However, it expired in 2007.
This was her first application. She received another patent for disposable diapers which will expire in 2036. Jamie Lee is a blogger for an online newspaper, The Huffington Post.
Check out Jamie Lee Curtis’ height and weight, body measurements, net worth, success story, personal info, and much more.
Jamie Lee Curtis’ Story of Success
Jamie Lee Curtis started her acting career in 1978 when she played the character of Laurie Strode in the horror movie ‘Halloween’.
Luckily, her first film was a blockbuster hit and became the highest-grossing film at that time. She was cast by the movie’s producer Debra Hill. Jamie started getting roles in horror films and was known as ‘Scream Queen’.
The success of the first film paved the way for subsequent sequels of the film. She played Strode in the sequels, Halloween 2 (1981), Halloween H20: 20 Years Later (1998), Halloween: Resurrection (2002), Halloween (2018), and Halloween Kills (2021).
Jamie also had an uncredited voice role in the 1982 sequel, ‘Halloween 3: Season of the Witch’. In 1980, her next horror movie ‘The Fog’ was released which earned mixed reviews.
Finally, in 1983, she got a supporting actress role other than the usual horror roles. It was in ‘Trading Places’ directed by John Landis.
Curtis received a BAFTA Award for her outstanding performance. Jamie acted in ‘A Fish Called Wanda’, a comedy movie released in 1988.
She was nominated for a BAFTA Award for her role. In 1994, she starred in ‘True Lies’ directed by James Cameron. She received a Golden Globe Award for her brilliant performance in this film.
Jamie had acted in ‘Freaky Friday’ released in 2003. She had acted along with Lindsay Lohan. She got the Golden Globe Award nomination for her performance in this film.
Curtis stopped her acting career to concentrate on her family in 2006. However, she resumed a year after through Disney’s animated film ‘Beverly Hills Chihuahua’.
She performed voice acting in animated films ‘The Little Engine That Could’ and ‘From Up on Poppy Hill’. In 2018, the sequel of Halloween returned her as a lead role in movies.
The film was widely accepted and became the highest-grossed movie in October. Jamie’s performance earned positive reviews. She then acted in ‘Knives Out’ which became a box office hit grossing 300 million dollars worldwide.
She acted in the ‘Halloween Kills’ towards the end of 2021. Curtis will act in the next sequel ‘Halloween Ends’ this year.
Jamie had an incredible television career too. She started her TV career in 1977 through the drama series ‘Quincy M.E’. She went on to act in several series like, ‘Columbo’, ‘Charlie’s Angels’, ‘Buck Rogers in the 25th Century’, and ‘Operation Petticoat’.
Curtis received a Golden Globe Award nomination for her performance in ‘The Heidi Chronicles’. She starred in the series ‘Anything But Love’ from 1989 to 1992.
Jamie received Golden Globe Award and People’s Choice Award for her awesome performance. Curtis acted in ‘New Girl’ from 2012 to 2018 as Joan Day. She received a Golden Globe Award nomination for the series, ‘Scream Queens’.
Jamie Lee Curtis’ Height and Weight
Jamie Lee Curtis stands has a height of 5 feet 7 inches (170 cm or 1.7 m). She weighs 62 kg (137 pounds).
This actress looks so young even at this age! Curtis has an athletic build with an inverted triangle body shape. It is evident that she does daily workouts and follows a balanced diet.
Jamie Lee Curtis’ Dating History
Jamie Lee Curtis had dated Johnny Lee Schell from 1977 to 1979.
Curtis was in a relationship with J Michael Riva in 1979. He worked as an American production designer. However, they broke up after two years. She dated Adam Ant in 1983. Jamie is rumored to have dated Kevin Pollak.
Jamie Lee had met Christopher Guest in 1983. He is a screenwriter, composer, musician, director, actor, and comedian. They started dating and got married the next year.
It was on December 18, 1984. They have been bonded together for 37 years now. They adopted two children Annie Guest and Ruby Guest.
Jamie Lee Curtis’ Personal Info
Jamie Lee Curtis was born on February 22, 1958, in Santa Monica, California, United States. She is the younger daughter of Tony Curtis and Janet Leigh.
Jamie has an older sister Kelly Curtis and half-siblings Alexandra Curtis, Allegra Curtis, Benjamin Curtis, and Nicholas Curtis. The 63 years old actress is the blessed mother of two children Annie Guest and Ruby Guest. Both of them were adopted.
- Birth Name: Jamie Lee Curtis.
- Nickname: Jamie, Queen of Screams, The Body.
- Date of Birth: 22 November 1958.
- Age: 63 years old.
- Birthplace: Santa Monica, California, United States.
- Religion: Jewish.
- Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius.
- Father Name: Tony Curtis.
- Mother Name: Janet Leigh.
- Siblings Name: Kelly Curtis (older sister), Half Siblings- Alexandra Curtis, Allegra Curtis, Benjamin Curtis, Nicholas Curtis.
- Spouse/Partner: Christopher Guest.
- Children: Annie Guest, Ruby Guest (Thomas guest). Both her kids were adopted. Jamie adopted Annie in December 1996 and Ruby in 1996.
- Ethnicity: Father- Ashkenazi Jewish. Mother- Danish, a small amount of English, Swiss-German, remote French, German, and Scots-Irish/ Northern Irish ancestry.
- Occupation: Actress, Voice actor, Author, Blogger.
- Education: Graduate (Choate Rosemary Hall, Connecticut, Studied law from University of the Pacific, Stockton, California).
- Tatoo: No.
- Sexuality: Straight.
Jamie Lee Curtis’ Body Measurements
Jamie Lee Curtis has a height of 5 feet 7 inches or 1.7m (170 cm). She weighs 62 kg (137 pounds).
She has a well-maintained body figure with a chest size of 37 inches (94 cm), a waist size of 25 inches (64 cm), a hips size of 34 inches (86 cm), and body measurement of 37-25-34 inches or 94-64-86 cm.
The 63 years old actress still looks stunning with blue eyes and gray hair. Jamie has an inverted triangle body shape.
Talking about her outfit sizes, Jamie Lee Curtis has a dress size of 2(US) or 34(EU) or 6(UK) and a shoe size of 10(US) or 41.5(EU) or 8(UK).
Jamie Lee Curtis’ Body Measurements
170 cm (5 feet 7 inches)
62 kg (137 pounds)
37-25-34 inches (94-64-86 cm)
37 inches (94 cm)
25 inches (64 cm)
34 inches (86 cm)
Figure or Body Shape
Inverted triangle body shape
2(US) or 34(EU) or 6(UK)
10(US) or 41.5(EU) or 8(UK)
Jamie Lee Curtis’ Favorite Things
Get ready to explore the favorite lists of Jamie Lee Curtis
- Favorite Foods: Honey baked ham, raw vegetables, yogurt, dishes of chicken, pork, and turkey.
- Favorite Places: She loves to visit India.
- Favorite Movies: Godfather 1 & 2, This is Spinal Tap.
- Favorite Actress: Melanie Griffith.
- Favorite Actor: Marlon Brando.
- Favorite Color: Red, Blue, Purple.
- Favorite Artists: James Taylor, Hannah Gatsby.
- Favorite Outfits: Jumpsuits, black gowns, plain white dresses.
- Favorite Products: Usually, she does not use many cosmetic products. She likes products from Nivea and Sea Breeze.
- Favorite Books: ‘Stoner’ written by John Williams, ‘Dalva’ written by Jim Harrison.
- Favorite Perfume: Oscar de la Renta signature fragrance perfume.
Besides these, Jamie loves writing, blogging, reading, and traveling.
Jamie Lee Curtis’ Awards and Nominations
Jamie Lee, What an awesome actress! Lee had bagged 14 awards among 49 nominations. She had been honored with 4 major awards. Here is a list of all her major awards
- British Academy Film Awards 1984- Best actress in a Supporting Role (Trading Places).
- Jupiter Awards 1986- Best International Actress (Perfect).
- Cognac Festival du Film Policier 1990- Special Mention Award (Blue Steel).
- Mystfest Award 1990- Best Actress (Blue Steel).
- Golden Globe Awards 1990- Best Actress in a TV Series: Comedy or Musical (Anything But Love).
- People’s Choice Awards 1990- Favorite Female Performer in a New TV Series (Anything But Love).
- American Comedy Awards 1995- Funniest Lead Actress in a Motion Picture (True Lies).
- Golden Globe Awards 1995- Best Actress in a TV Series: Comedy or Musical (True Lies).
- Saturn Awards 1995- Best Actress (True Lies).
- Fangoria Chainsaw Awards 1999- Best Actress (Halloween H20: 20 Years Later).
- Behind the Voice Actors Award 2014- Best Female Vocal Performance in an Anime Feature Film/ Special in a Supporting Role (From Up on Poppy Hill).
- Saturn Awards 2019- Best Actress (Halloween).
- National Board of Review- Best Cast (Knives Out).
- Satellite Awards 2020- Best Cast in a Motion Picture (Knives Out).
- Golden Apple Award 1988- Female Star of the Year.
- Hollywood Walk of Fame 1998- Motion Picture.
- Hasty Pudding Theatrical Award 2000- Woman of the Year.
- 78th Venice International Film Festival 2021- Golden Lion Honorary Award.
Jamie Lee Curtis had proved herself as one of the finest actresses in Hollywood. She had achieved almost all prestigious awards throughout her career.
Jamie Lee Curtis’ Net Worth
Jamie Lee Curtis has a net worth of $60 million US Dollars as of 2022. She marked her signature as an actor, voice actor, writer, author, and philanthropist. Her skills in various fields had contributed to her income generation.
Has Jamie Lee Curtis Got Plastic Surgery?
Celebrities are always surrounded by the rumor of plastic or cosmetic surgeries. They are always followed by the camera lens of the media and paparazzi. What do you think of the 63-year-old actress?
Well, she had confirmed her cosmetic surgery. So there is no place for rumors and gossip now. In an interview, she said that during her teenage years, she had puffy eyes. Early childhood photos of her look like she had not slept for days.
She recalled the cameraman’s reaction to her puffy eyes on the shooting sets of ‘Perfect’ in 1985. He said that he was not going to shoot that day with her puffy eyes.
This made her feel embarrassed and insulted. Thereafter, Curtis decides to do routine plastic surgeries to get rid of her puffy eyes.
In 2002, Jamie said in an interview that she had done fat reduction surgery to eliminate the excess fat cells underneath her eyes. She added that she had done several liposuction surgeries on her face.
Jamie got addicted to Vicodin. She was forced to use it again and again to cover her facial damages. But now she regrets the idea of plastic surgery.
The surgeries had depleted her natural beauty. She was never satisfied with her looks and was forced to do surgeries again and again.
It made the situation even worse. Jamie also said that people want to look 17 when they are 70.
According to her she is not ashamed of her age and wished to look as per that age rather than doing surgeries to look younger. She warns that once we get into this surgical process, we could not get back our natural beauty.
Jamie Lee Curtis is one of the talented senior actresses in Hollywood. She was once the acting queen of Hollywood bagging numerous achievements and awards to her name. Apart from being an actor and author, she is a philanthropist too.
In 1990, Jamie along with her father financed rebuilding the ‘Great Synagogue’ in Budapest, Hungary, and made it the largest synagogue in Europe. This synagogue was damaged during World War 2.
She also made donations for children affected with AIDS and coordinated the works of Children’s Hospital Los Angeles. Curtis is an inspiring personality to everyone out there.