Kelly Clarkson is a spectacular singer and songwriter. Her songs are awesome with beats that make everyone dance with enthusiasm and energy. She is an actress, TV personality, and author too.
Kelly Clarkson is the winner of the first season of ‘American Idol’ in 2002. It became her first mark towards success.
Her albums won prestigious awards including Grammy Awards, American music awards, People’s Choice, Teen Choice, and Daytime Emmy awards.
Get ready to explore Kelly Clarkson’s body measurements, height and weight, net worth, personal info, success story, and much more.
Kelly Clarkson’s Road to Success
Kelly’s Kelly’s breakthrough came from American Idol 2002. She gave the audition due to the encouragement from her friends.
Kelly competed in the first season of American Idol. The talented young girl won the heart of millions and ultimately won the first American Idol title on September 4, 2002.
Her fame and talent gifted her professional contracts with RCA records and other prominent recording studios. Kelly released her debut song, ‘Before Your Love’/ ‘ A Moment Like This’ which was a double-A- single.
Her songs broke a 38-year-old record set by ‘Beatles’. Kelly released her first album, ‘Thankful’ on April 15, 2003. The album gave her the first Grammy nomination. Her second album was released on November 30 2004 named ‘Breakaway’.
This album became her most successful work and ranked number 3 on the Billboard 200. Twelve million copies were sold worldwide. The album received two trophies at the Grammy.
Clarkson’s third album ‘My December’ received a platinum certification from RIAA and sold over 2.5 million copies worldwide. It was released on June 22, 2007. Two years later, Kelly released her fourth album, ‘All I Ever Wanted’.
It was well accepted by the audience and was ranked number one on Billboard 200 charts. It secured a nomination at the 52nd Grammy Awards.
The first song of the album ‘My Life Would Suck Without You’ became a worldwide hit and was topped in the UK, Canada, and Hungary.
Kelly had performed a duet with singer Jason Aldean in the song ‘Don’t You Wanna Stay’ for his 2010 album ‘My Kinda Party’. The album was a hit topping the Billboard Hot charts. It won a Grammy Award nomination.
Her fifth album ‘Stronger’ was listed number 2 at Billboard 200 and it received a platinum certification from RIAA. This album won a Grammy Award in the Best Pop Vocal Album category.
A song in that album titled, ‘What Doesn’t Kill You’ was a hit in numerous countries and it was nominated for three Grammy Awards. Kelly received a Grammy Award nomination and Country Music Association Award nomination for her song, ‘Don’t Rush’.
She has performed at the 55th Annual Grammy Awards and 12th Annual Honda Civic Tour along with Maroon 5.
Kelly released her sixth album ‘Wrapped in Red’ on October 25, 2013. It was her first Christmas recording and consists of five original songs written by her. It became a hit and was listed at Billboard, and obtained a platinum certification from RIAA.
Clarkson‘s seventh studio album, ‘Piece by Piece’ was made in collaboration with Kurstin, Jesse Shatkin, Sia, John Legend, and Shane McAnally. The album was ranked at Billboard Hot and topped the music charts in various countries. It was nominated for major awards.
She signed a contract with the book publishing company, HarperCollins in February 2016. She published her debut book named, ‘River Rose and the Magical Lullaby’ on October 4, 2016. It is a children’s book. Kelly released the second edition of that book, ‘River Rose and the Magical Christmas’ the following year.
On September 7, 2017, Kelly released her single, ‘Love So Soft’. It secured a nomination at the 60th Annual Grammy Awards. She had voiced for the animated film based on the nativity of Jesus. It was a movie called ‘The Star’ developed by Sony Pictures Animation. This film was released on November 17, 2017.
Kelly participated in the fourteenth and fifteenth seasons of ‘The Voice’. Brynn Cartelli and Chevel Sheperd became the winners in the fourteenth and Fifteenth seasons respectively. Both of them sang there under the guidance of Kelly. Clarkson voiced and contributed original songs for the animated film, ‘UglyDolls’.
Jake Hoot, under the coaching of Kelly, became the winner of the Seventeenth season of ‘The Voice’. Kelly’s fourth coaching victory was from the musical group, ‘Girl Named Tom’ at the twenty-first season of ‘The Voice’.
Kelly became the brand ambassador for Wayfair in February 2020. Clarkson won two Daytime Emmy Awards nominations for ‘The Kelly Clarkson Show’.
She won two Daytime Emmy Awards for ‘The Kelly Clarkson Show’ in June 2021. Kelly released her ninth studio album ‘Christmas Isn’t Canceled (Just You)’ on September 23, 2021.
Kelly Clarkson’s Height and Weight
Kelly Clarkson has a height of 5 feet 2 inches (161 cm or 1.61 m). She weighs 62 kg (137 pounds). Clarkson has a pear body shape. The 39-year-old singer looks so young and energetic.
Kelly Clarkson’s Dating History
Let’s explore the relationship timeline of Kelly Clarkson.
Kelly Clarkson had a brief date with Justin Guarini in 2003. She confirmed this at an interview at the show, ‘Watch What Happens Live with Andy Cohen’.
In 2005, Kelly had a relationship with Graham Colton. However, they broke up after 6 months. It was rumored that Kelly and Ryan Key had a relationship in 2006. Ryan is also a singer and musician.
Kelly had started a relationship with Brandon Blackstock in 2011. After a year of dating, they were engaged on December 15, 2012. Finally, Kelly and Brandon got married on October 20, 2013.
The couple has two children, River Rose Blackstock, Remington Alexander Blackstock. Seven years later, Kelly filed for a divorce and on August 3, 2021, the couple got divorced.
Kelly Clarkson’s Personal Info
Kelly Brianne Clarkson was born on April 24, 1982, in Fort Worth, Texas, United States. She is the youngest daughter of Stephen Michael Clarkson and Jeanne Taylor. Her father was an engineer and her mother worked as a first-grade English teacher. She has an elder brother, Jason Clarkson, and an elder sister, Alyssa Clarkson. Kelly married Brandon Blackstock on October 20, 2013, but they got divorced last year. She is the mother of River Rose Blackstock and Remington Alexander Blackstock.
Go through the list to know more.
- Birth Name: Kelly Brianne Clarkson.
- Nickname: Kelly, Kellbelle, The Princess of Pop, The Original American Idol, The Queen of Covers.
- Date of Birth: 24 April 1982.
- Age: 39 years old.
- Birthplace: Fort Worth, Texas, United States.
- Religion: Christianity.
- Zodiac Sign: Taurus.
- Father Name: Stephen Michael Clarkson.
- Mother Name: Jeanne Taylor.
- Siblings Name: Jason Clarkson, Alyssa Clarkson.
- Spouse/Partner: Brandon Blackstock (married on October 20, 2013, & divorced on August 3, 2021)
- Children: River Rose Blackstock, Remington Alexander Blackstock.
- Ethnicity: Kelly’s parents have English, Welsh, Irish, German, Scottish and Greek ancestry.
- Occupation: Singer, Songwriter, Actress, Author, Television Personality, Voice Artist, Record Producer, Philanthropist.
- Education: High School (Burleson High School).
- Tatoo: Sunflower tattoo (left ankle), Outline of Texas (Lower waist), cross (right wrist), ‘Love Them More’ text tattoo (right wrist), heart with three ribbons tattoo (left wrist), crescent moon (behind her right ear), snowflake tattoo (behind her left ear), Japanese symbol tattoo (back of her neck), missing puzzle tattoo (back), Morse code saying, ‘what doesn’t kill you’ (left rib cage), four-leaf clover tattoo (hand), Kite tattoo (left wrist), Nothando meaning, ‘she loved us’ (left foot), undefined tattoo (left-hand finger).
- Sexuality: Straight.
Kelly Clarkson’s Body Measurements
Kelly Clarkson stands 5 feet 2 inches or 1.61m (161cm) tall. She weighs 62 kg (137 pounds). She has an average build with a chest size of 37 inches (93.98 cm), a waist size of 31 inches (78.74 cm), a hips size of 37 inches (93.98 cm), and a body measurement of 37-31-37 inches or 93.98-78.74-93.98 cm.
Lily Collins has a great resemblance to Elizabeth Taylor or Audrey Hepburn. Kelly Clarkson has a pear body shape with attractive hazel eyes and blonde hair. Talking about her outfit sizes, Kelly has a dress size of 12(US) or 44(EU) or 16(UK) and a shoe size of 7(US) or 37.5(EU) or 5(UK).
Kelly Clarkson’s Body Measurements
161 cm (5 feet 2 inches)
62 kg (137 pounds)
37-31-37 inches (93.98-78.74-93.98 cm)
37 inches (93.98 cm)
31 inches (78.74 cm)
37 inches (93.98 cm)
Figure or Body Shape
Pear body shape
12(US) or 44(EU) or 16(UK)
7(US) or 37.5(EU) or 5(UK)
Kelly Clarkson’s Most Loved Things
Let’s dive into Kelly Clarkson’s favorite lists.
- Favorite Foods: Country fried steak, red velvet cake, chili’s chips, salsa with ranch dressing.
- Favorite Places: Australia, Boston.
- Favorite Movies: The Goonies, Gone with the Wind.
- Favorite Actress: Meryl Streep.
- Favorite Actor: Marlon Brando.
- Favorite Color: Cobalt Blue.
- Favorite Artists: Celine Dion, Reba McEntire, Jimi Hendrix, Etta James, Mariah Carey, Aerosmith, Whitney Houston.
- Favorite Outfits: Gowns (mostly black), frock, floral dresses, tops, and pants.
- Favorite Products: Bed Head.
- Favorite Books: Jane Eyre, Harry Potter, Old Romances.
- Favorite Perfume: Stacked Style Perfume, Tiffany & Co. Perfume.
Besides these, Kelly loves reading, playing board games, watching movies, traveling, and spending time with friends.
Kelly Clarkson’s Awards and Nominations
Throughout her career, Kelly Clarkson has won 78 major awards among 173 nominations. Here is a glimpse of her major achievements.
- American Music Awards (Won- 4, Nominations- 9).
- Billboard Awards (Nominations- 5).
- Brit Awards (Nominations- 2).
- CMT Music Awards (Nominations- 3).
- Grammy Awards (Won- 3, Nominations- 15).
- Juno Award (Nominations- 1).
- Meteor Music Awards (Nominations- 1).
- MTV Asia Awards (Won- 1, Nominations- 1).
- MTV Australia Awards (Nominations- 2).
- MTV VMA Awards (Won- 3, Nominations- 11).
- iHeartRadio MMVAs (Much) Awards (Won- 1, Nominations- 5).
- Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards (Won- 1, Nominations- 2).
- People’s Choice Awards (Won- 1, Nominations- 4).
- Radio Music Awards (Won- 1, Nominations- 6).
- Teen Choice Awards (Won- 6, Nominations- 21).
- TMF Awards (Won- 3, Nominations- 3).
- World Music Awards (Nominations- 11).
- Academy of Country Music Awards (Won- 2, Nominations- 5).
- Billboard Women in Music (Won- 1, Nominations- 1).
- Daytime Emmy Awards (Won- 3, Nominations- 5).
Cardi B’s Height, Weight, Body Measurements
Britney Spears’ Height, Weight, Dating History
Miley Cyrus’ Measurements, Net Worth & More
Mariah Carey’s Height, Weight, Measurements
Kelly Clarkson’s Net Worth
Kelly Clarkson’s net worth is estimated to be $45 million US Dollars as of 2022. Kelly rose to fame through the music reality show, American Idol. Her major income sources are from singing, stage shows, world tours, acting, writing books, brand promotions, and social media.
Did Kelly Clarkson Get Plastic Surgery?
What do you think?
In an interview on Mayim Bialik’s Breakdown (podcast), Kelly Clarkson opened her view on cosmetic surgery. The singer said that she had never done any cosmetic surgery. She added that she had no plans to do that in the near future. Kelly attended that podcast with no make-up.
Clarkson loves doing makeup for her shows and stage performances. But during her normal outdoor visits or when hanging out with friends, Kelly prefers natural looks with less makeup.
Beyonce’s Height, Weight
Nicki Minaj’s Biography, Measurements
Selena Gomez’s Biography, Body Measurements, Net Worth
Jennifer Lopez’s Height, Weight, Measurements
Apart from singing, Kelly Clarkson is a philanthropist too. She supports environmental conservation and talks about climate change. Clarkson worked for the organization ‘Houses of Hope’. It aimed to shelter children who are affected by HIV/AIDS, abuse, and poverty.
She supports ‘Save the Children, UNICEF, and Do Something’. In addition to this Kelly has a ranch for animals that are injured and diseased. She is an inspiring personality.