Lizzo is a singer and rapper well known for her versatile performances and fabulous voice. The three-time Grammy Award Winner had created a new fashion style and unique version of a singer.
She is also good at playing flute and has mixed her rapping with it. The singer has gained millions of fans through her singing and varied perceptions of life.
Get ready to explore Lizzo’s height and weight, body measurements, career success, net worth, dating history, personal info, and much more.
Lizzo’s Career Success
Let us explore the career success of Lizzo.
After she graduated from the University of Houston, Lizzo shifted to Minneapolis, Minnesota. She started to frame her career there. The singer focused on electro soul-pop and soon created the rap song group, ‘Chalice’.
Lizzo made her debut album in 2013. It was a hip-hop one named, ‘Lizzabangers’. She won the ‘Picked to Click’ awards from the City pages newspaper.
Lizzo worked with Prince Rogers Nelson and the music band, 3rdEyeGirl, and appeared in his song, ‘Boy Trouble’. This was the part of their album, ‘Plectrumelectrum’.
In December 2015, she created her second album, ‘Big Grrrl Small World’. She appeared as a host in the music series, Wonderland in 2016. Her extended play, ‘Coconut Oil’ was released in October of that year.
Lizzo was the co-writer of all songs in that album. It received critical acclaim for its optimistic nature and style. It ranked on the musical charts in the US and attained a positive rating from rolling stone.
Due to her body size, she had to face a lot of criticism but the singer resumed her attitude and physique. Even her backup dancers are plus-size ladies. She appeared in a campaign titled, ‘Say it Louder’ from ModCloth in June 2018.
Lizzo gradually established herself as an icon of positivity and the singer was featured in the music issue of Teen Vogue 2018. Apart from her singing career, she started acting in the crime drama movie, ‘Hustlers’.
Under the label of Atlantic Records, she made a single, ‘Juice’ which was part of her next album ‘Cuz I Love You’ in January 2019. The album gave her a breakthrough in her musical career.
Lizzo gained widespread fame and appreciation after that. She had a role in the film ‘Someone’. Her single, ‘Truth Hurts’, which was released in 2017 was unsuccessful at first but after a few years, it became viral overnight.
The single increased the popularity of the album, ‘Cuz I Love You’ as it was included in the deluxe version of that album.
The album also received a gold certification from RIAA in September 2019. Lizzo had topped the Billboard Charts. Lizzo has an exceptional talent to play the flute and studied it during her childhood.
The singer creates magic sounds through the flute during her concerts and stage performances. Lizzo’s single ‘Good as Hell’ became a sleeper hit like ‘Truth Hurts’.
It was ranked in the music charts of countries like Australia and Belgium. In December 2019, she had her appearance on the Saturday Night Live TV show.
She entered a professional contract with Amazon Studios in August 2020. She released a song, ‘Rumors’ in August 2021. Lizzo’s major concert tours are ‘Good As Hell Tour’ (2019), ‘Cuz I Love You Tour’ (2019), ‘Cuz I Love You Too Tour’ (2019).
Lizzo had also been a part of supporting tours like ‘Sister Sister Sister Tour’ and ‘Florence and the Machine- High as Hope Tour’.
Lizzo’s Height and Weight
Lizzo had to face a lot of body shaming over the years. But the singer created her space in the music industry. Lizzo has a height of 5 feet 10 inches (178 cm or 1.78 m). She weighs 123 kg (271 pounds).
The singer is still facing lots of trolls on social media. She likes relying on green leafy vegetables, apples, small snacks, protein bars, nuts, and cucumbers. She drinks plenty of water to keep her body hydrated.
You might probably be wondering about the boys who dated Lizzo. Let’s break the surprise.
Lizzo is single as of now. The singer had revealed this on a talk show back in 2019. She had tried a celebrity dating app but it didn’t work out for her. No information about her past relationships is available.
There was a rumor that Lizzo and comedian Trevor Noah had started a relationship. The duo had attended a talk show together. But the singer wiped off the rumors.
Lizzo was rumored to have dated Chris Evans and Harry Styles. These are completely fake. They speculate when the celebs attend a talk show or share a stage or simply share the post on social media.
Lizzo likes to be single, explore herself, and expand her career.
Lizzo’s Quick Bio
Melissa Viviane Jefferson popularly known as Lizzo was born on 27 April 1988, in Detroit, Michigan, United States. Her parents Michael Jefferson and Shari Johnson Jefferson have African-American ancestry.
She has a sister named Vanessa Jefferson. The singer had studied classical music at the University of Houston.
After the formation of her music band, ‘Cornrow Clique’, she took the name Lizzo. Later it became her musical name. Lizzo is single as of now.
- Birth Name: Melissa Viviane Jefferson.
- Nickname: Lizzo.
- Date of Birth: April 27, 1988.
- Age: 34 years old (as of 2022).
- Birthplace: Detroit, Michigan, United States.
- Religion: Christianity.
- Zodiac Sign: Taurus.
- Father Name: Michael Jefferson.
- Mother Name: Shari Johnson Jefferson.
- Siblings Name: Vanessa Jefferson.
- Spouse/Partner: Single.
- Children: No.
- Ethnicity: Her parents have African-American ancestry.
- Occupation: Singer, Songwriter, Rapper, Actress.
- Education: Graduate (Alief Elsik High School, studied classical music from the University of Houston).
- Tatoo: ‘Yitty’ text tattoo- the name of her brand (on her butt).
- Sexuality: Straight.
Lizzo’s Body Measurements
Lizzo has impressive height and large body weight. She stands 5 feet 10 inches or 1.78 m (178 cm) tall and weighs 123 kg (271 pounds).
Lizzo has an apple body shape with a chest size of 47 inches (120 cm), a waist size of 35 inches (90 cm), a hips size of 47 inches (120 cm), and a body measurement of 47-35-47 inches or 120-90-120 cm.
Lizzo has dark brown eyes and hair. She is marked by her oversized figure and voluminous curly hair. Talking about her outfit sizes, Lizzo has an extra-large dress size and a large shoe size.
Lizzo’s Body Measurements
178 cm (5 feet 10 inches)
123 kg (271 pounds)
47-35-47 inches (120-90-120 cm)
47 inches (120 cm)
35 inches (90 cm)
47 inches (120 cm)
Figure or Body Shape
Voluminous curly hair, Oversized figure
Lizzo has an extra-large dress size
Lizzo has a large shoe size
Lizzo’s Most Loved Things
Are you ready to explore Lizzo’s favorite lists?
- Favorite Foods: She loves to eat Barbecue, plantain, salad, seafood, macaroni, shrooms mushroom balls, oat milk, and cheese.
- Favorite Places: Lizzo loves to visit scenic places.
- Favorite Movies: She loves to watch romantic, feel-good, and thriller movies.
- Favorite Actress: Julia Roberts.
- Favorite Actor: Chris Evans, Ben Affleck, Henry Cavil.
- Favorite Color: Black.
- Favorite Artists: Missy Elliot, Lauryn Hill, Beyonce, Harry Styles
- Favorite Outfits: Gowns, denim dresses.
- Favorite Products: Sunday Riley Ceramic Slip Cleanser, Boscia Rosewater Mist with Witch Hazel, True Botanicals Renew Pure Radiance Oil, Skin Gym Jade Gua Sha Facial Tool, Philips Sonicare Protective Clean 4100 Plaque Control Black Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush, Theodent 300 Fluoride-Free Natural Toothpaste, Garner’s Garden Oxy Pulling Mouthwash, Public Goods Crystal Spray Deodorant, Curly Assembly Lavender Whipped Hair Butter.
- Favorite Books: Lizzo loves to read motivational, informative, fashion, and romantic books.
- Favorite Perfume: Escentric Molecules Molecule 01 Eau de Toilette.
Besides these, Lizzo loves reading, playing flute, listening to music, and traveling.
Christina Aguilera’s Height, Weight, Measurements
Camila Cabello’s Height, Weight, Measurements
Nicole Scherzinger’s Height, Weight, Dating History
Kelly Clarkson’s Dating History, Body Measurements, Net Worth
Lizzo’s Awards and Nominations
Lizzo is a fabulous singer who won 14 major awards among 76 nominations. The singer is a three-time Grammy Award winner. Let’s explore her achievements.
- American Music Awards (Nominations-3).
- Apple Music Awards 2019- Breakthrough Artist of the Year (Won-1, Nominations-1).
- ARIA Music Awards (Nominations-1).
- BET Awards 2020- Best Female R&B/Pop Artist (Won-1, Nominations-5).
- BET Hip Hop Awards (Nominations-2).
- Billboard Music Awards 2020- Top Song Sales Artist (Won-1, Nominations-11).
- BRIT Awards (Nominations-1).
- Grammy Awards 2020- Best Urban Contemporary Album, Best Pop Solo Performance, Best Traditional R&B Performance (Won-3, Nominations-8).
- iHeartRadio Music Awards 2020- Best New Pop Artist, Song of the Year (Won-2, Nominations-6).
- MTV Europe Music Awards (Nominations-3).
- Soul Train Music Awards- Video of the Year, Album/Mixtape of the Year (Won-2, Nominations-7).
- Qwerty Awards 2020- Anthem.
- Rolling Stone’s International Music Awards 2019- Style.
Lizzo’s Net Worth
Lizzo is a singer who got her breakthrough recently. This means that her wealth will increase in the coming years. Due to this, her social media handles witnessed tremendous growth.
Lizzo has a net worth of $12 million US Dollars as of 2022. Her income sources are from singing, stage performances, acting, world tours, and social media.
Has Lizzo Done Plastic Surgery?
What do you think?
Lizzo had not done any type of surgery to improve her fairness and self-confidence. Lizzo had to face a series of body shaming episodes at various points in her timeline.
Yes, she is oversized but that doesn’t stop her from achieving success. Recently she had posted a snap of herself with a coffee in her hand devoid of clothes.
The post became viral overnight. It was done in association with Dove in their ‘Selfie Talk’ campaign. The company stated that about 80% of girls after 13 years of age edit their pics before posting them on social media.
The project titled, #DoevSelfEsteenProject aims to rethink the exact concept of beauty. Lizzo cried in an Instagram live as she could not hold the severity and crookedness of the comments about her body.
The singer said that she has no problem with criticisms about her song or her music but she feels sad when people do body shaming. Lizzo had tried hard to ignore them but o she could not hold and she broke out.
The singer had to face racist comments. However, she optimistically ended that life. Lizzo had no plastic surgery. Even now, she looks the same as before. She could have easily reduced her weight through weight reduction surgeries.
But she loves to be in her real shape and loves her body the way it is. Certainly, there are times when she feels devastated and depressed but she uplifts her self-confidence. Lizzo is so passionate about singing and rapping songs.
The Bottom Line
Lizzo is an incredible singer who is also well-versed in playing the flute. She is an inspiring personality who showed us that talent and hard work guide us to success in life.
Over the years, she had to face body shaming, racism, and other difficult instances where her mental health is tested. But she has a flame in her which never fades out and keeps on igniting her to move forward in life.
Lizzo has set her as a benchmark for the coming singers. She has her unique style and attitude.