Natalie Portman is an astounding actress who amazes us through her screen presence and incredible personality.
Portman is the recipient of prestigious awards including an Academy Award, a British Academy Award, and two Golden Globe Awards.
She is an advocate of women’s education, charity, equality, human rights, and environmental conservation.
Get ready to explore Natalie Portman’s height and weight, body measurements, success story, net worth, personal info, and much more.
Natalie Portman’s Success Story
Natalie Portman started her acting career at a very young age. She was selected to act the leading role in ‘Leon: The Professional’ in 1994. Natalie adopted her paternal grandmother’s maiden name to protect her privacy.
Hence, her stage name became Natalie Portman. Initially, Natalie’s parents didn’t allow her for the role due to the explicit sex scenes and violence in the movie. But they accepted it after the deletion of such scenes by the director.
After that film, she resumed her high school studies. The following year she got a small role in the movie, ‘Heat’ directed by Michael Mann.
Her performance in that film gave her another character in the movie ‘Beautiful Girls’ in 1996. She also played small roles in movies, ‘Everyone says I love You’ and ‘Mars Attacks’.
Natalie got a role alongside Leonardo DiCaprio in the movie, ‘Romeo + Juliet’ in 1996. But she was dropped from it as she was too young for that role. Portman turned down the offer for the film, ‘Lolita’ due to the sexual content in that movie.
Later, she starred as Anne Frank in the Broadway adaptation, ‘The Diary of Anne Frank’. This was staged at the Music Box Theater in New York City. Portman visited Anne Frank’s house in Amsterdam to know more about Anne Frank.
Natalie acted as Queen Padme Amidala in the Star Wars film, ‘Star Wars: Episode 1- The Phantom Menace’ in 1999. Despite negative reviews from critics, the film was commercially successful.
Later that year Natalie graduated from high school. She published a science paper ‘A Simple Method to Demonstrate the Enzymatic Production of Hydrogen from Sugar’ which was selected for the Intel Science Talent Search.
It was co-authored with scientists Ian Hurley and Jonathan Woodward.
Portman turned down the offer in the movie, ‘Anywhere But Here’ due to the explicit scenes in that movie. But later the script was rewritten due to pressure from actress Susan Sarandon and director Wayne Wang.
Natalie accepted the offer and her performance gave her a Golden Globe Award nomination.
After acting in the movie, ‘Where the Heart is’, she took a break to pursue her bachelor’s degree in psychology from Harvard University. Natalie also studied Hebrew literature and neurobiology. She also worked as Alan Dershowitz’s research assistant.
She returned to acting through the drama, ‘Seagull’. In 2002, she acted in ‘Star Wars: Episode 2- Attack of the Clones’.
That same year, she had made contributions on memory through ‘Frontal Lobe activation during object permanence: data from near-infrared spectroscopy’.
In 2003, she completed her graduation from Harvard University. Natalie acted in the movie, ‘Closer’ directed by Mike Nichols.
For her outstanding performance, Portman received a Golden Globe Award for Best Supporting Actress and was nominated for an Academy Award.
Portman acted in the Star Wars sequel, ‘Star Wars: Episode 3- Revenge of the Sith’ in 2005. It was a commercially successful film. She acted in the movie ‘V for Vendetta. Natalie received the Saturn Award for Best Actress that year.
She acted in movies like, ‘My Blueberry Nights’, ‘Hotel Chevalier’, and ‘Mr. Magorium’s Wonder Emporium’.
In 2008, she starred alongside Scarlett Johansson in the film ‘The Other Boleyn Girl’. She made her debut directorial short film ‘Eve’ that same year. It was shown at the 65th Venice International Film Festival.
Natalie acted in the movie ‘Brothers’ alongside Tobey Maguire and Jake Gyllenhaal. It is a remake of a Spanish film. She acted in the psychological thriller ‘Black Swan’.
She did her Ballerina training for 6 months and reduced her weight by 9 kg. Her performance received appreciation and she was awarded an Academy Award in the Best Actress category.
Natalie acted in the Marvel Cinematic Universe film ‘Thor’ in 2011 alongside Chris Hemsworth.
Two years later, she again acted in the next sequel of the movie, ‘Thor: The Dark World’. She acted as Jacqueline Kennedy in the biopic ‘Jackie’ in 2016.
This movie revolved around the life and assassination of Kennedy in 1963. She won a Critics’ Choice Award and Academy Award nomination for her incredible performance in the movie.
She played a small role in the hit film, ‘Avengers: Endgame’. Her next Thor movie named, ‘Thor: Love and Thunder’ will be released this year.
Natalie Portman’s Height and Weight
Natalie Portman stands 5 feet 3 inches (160 cm or 1.6 m) tall. She weighs 53.3 kg (118 pounds).
Portman is so charming with her cute smile and optimistic attitude. She is a slim beauty who maintains her body well through workouts and healthy diets.
Natalie Portman’s Romances
Let’s check out the lucky ones who dated this gorgeous actress.
Natalie Portman had dated Lukas Haas in 1998. Lukas is an actor and musician. She had a brief relationship with Richard Melville Hall in 2001. He is a musician and songwriter popularly known as Moby. She had dated Gael Garcia Bernal from 2003 to 2006.
Gael is a Mexican actor and producer. She had dated Nathan Bogle in 2007. The next year, she had started a relationship with Devendra Banhart.
Natalie Portman is rumored to have dated actor and producer Hayden Christensen, actor and comedian Andy Samberg, actor Jake Gyllenhaal, photographer Nathaniel Philip Rothschild, actor Jude Law, and Brazilian actor Rodrigo Santoro.
Finally, she found the love of her life, Benjamin Millepied in 2010. They both met at the shooting sets of ‘Black Swan’.
They started dating and eventually tied the knot on August 4, 2012. They have two children Amalia Millepied and Aleph Portman Millepied.
Natalie Portman’s Personal Info
Natalie Hershlag, popularly known as Natalie Portman was born on 9 June 1981 in Jerusalem, Israel. She is the only child of Avner Hershlag and Shelley Stevens. Her father Avner is a gynecologist.
Both her parents are Jewish and have their family roots in Poland, Austria, and Russia. Natalie married Benjamin Millepied on August 4, 2012. They are the blessed parents of Amalia Millepied and Aleph Portman Millepied.
- Birth Name: Natalie Hershlag.
- Nickname: Nat.
- Date of Birth: 9 June 1981.
- Age: 40 years old.
- Birthplace: Jerusalem, Israel.
- Religion: Jewish.
- Zodiac Sign: Gemini.
- Father Name: Avner Hershlag.
- Mother Name: Shelley Stevens.
- Siblings Name: No.
- Spouse/Partner: Benjamin Millepied (married on August 4, 2012).
- Children: Daughter- Amalia Millepied (born on February 22, 2017), Son- Aleph Portman Millepied (born on June 14, 2011).
- Ethnicity: Her father’s family is of Jewish immigrants and her mother has Jewish American ancestry.
- Occupation: Actress, Director, Producer.
- Education: Graduate (Charles E. Smith Jewish Day School, Rothberg International School, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Syosset High School, Harvard University- Bachelor’s degree in psychology).
- Tatoo: No.
- Sexuality: Straight.
Natalie Portman’s Body Measurements
Natalie Portman has a height of 5 feet 3 inches or 1.6m (160 cm). She weighs 53.3 kg (118 pounds).
The slim beauty has a chest size of 34 inches (86 cm), a waist size of 25 inches (63.5 cm), a hips size of 34 inches (86 cm), and body measurement of 34-25-34 inches or 86-63.5-86 cm.
Natalie Portman has breathtaking looks with her charming smile, hazel eyes and dark brown hair. What about her outfit sizes? Well, Natalie has a dress size of 4(US) or 36(EU) or 8(UK) and her shoe size is 8(US) or 38.5(EU).
Natalie Portman’s Body Measurements
160 cm (5 feet 3 inches)
53.3 kg (118 pounds)
34-25-34 inches (86-63.5-86 cm)
34 inches (86 cm)
25 inches (63.5 cm)
34 inches (86 cm)
Figure or Body Shape
Rectangle body shape
Beautiful smile, moles on her cheek
4(US) or 36(EU) or 8(UK)
8(US) or 38.5(EU)
Natalie Portman’s Favorite Things
Curious to explore the bucket lists of Natalie Portman?
Go through the list below.
- Favorite Foods: She is a vegetarian. Her favorite foods are Chocolate, pizza, tea, ice cream, grilled cheese and tomato, sandwiches, bread, beans, lentils, and pasta.
- Favorite Places: Paris, New York, Berlin, Amsterdam, Morocco, Guatemala, Austin, Seychelles, Kenya.
- Favorite Movies: Dirty Dancing (1987), Schindler’s List (1993).
- Favorite Actress: Julia Roberts, Jennifer Gray, Susan Sarandon, Meryl Streep, Kate Winslet, Michelle Williams, Emma Stone
- Favorite Actor: Ben Kingsley, John Turturro, Michael Fassbender, Joseph Gordon Levitt, Leonardo Di Caprio, Jude Law, Clive Owen, Chris Hemsworth, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Jonah Hill, Brad Pitt.
- Favorite Color: Her Favorite color is Purple.
- Favorite Artists: Stevie Wonder, PJ Harvey, Juliana Hatfield, Alanis Morissette, Lauryn Hill, Otis Redding, Mozart, Beethoven, Aretha Franklin.
- Favorite Outfits: Gowns, t-shirts, frocks with floral prints, top, and pants.
- Favorite Products: Kiehl’s lip gloss, Vincent Longo water canvas foundation, powder blush, Beige eyeshadow.
- Favorite Books: Great House (Nicole Krauss), Freedom (Jonathan Franzen), Just Kids (Patti Smith), Sun Under Wood (Robert Hass), What is the What (Dave Eggers), Cloud Atlas (David Mitchell), Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl (Anne Frank), A Tale of Love and Darkness (Amos Oz), The Ministry of Special Cases (Nathan Englander), Angle of Repose (Wallace Stegner), A Tree Grows in Brooklyn (Betty Smith), American Pastoral (Philip Roth).
- Favorite Perfume: Miss Dior perfume.
Besides these, Natalie loves dancing, ice skating, traveling, and reading.
Natalie Portman’s Awards and Nominations
Natalie Portman is one of the talented actresses in Hollywood. Throughout her career, she has won 39 major awards among 77 nominations. Check out her major awards.
- Academy Awards 2011- Best Actress (Black Swan).
- British Academy Film Awards 2010- Best Film Actress in a Leading Role (Black Swan).
- Chicago Film Critics Association 2010, 2016- Best Actress (Black Swan, Jackie).
- Critics’ Choice Movie Awards 2010, 2016- Best Movie Actress (Black Swan, Jackie).
- Golden Globe Awards 2004, 2010- Best Supporting Actress- Motion Picture, Best Actress in a Motion Picture- Drama (Closer, Black Swan).
- Screen Actors Guild Awards 2010- Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Leading Role in a Motion Picture (Black Swan).
- Saturn Awards 2006, 2010- Best Actress in a Film (V for Vendetta, Black Swan).
- Teen Choice Awards 2011- Choice Movie Actress: Drama (Black Swan).
Natalie Portman’s Net Worth
Natalie Portman has a net worth of $90 million US Dollars as of 2022. She is one of the top paid actresses in Hollywood. Her major income sources are from acting, direction, production, brand promotions, and social media.
Has Natalie Portman Done Plastic Surgery?
What do you think?
There have been several rumors that the actress had plastic surgeries on her face. One such rumor is about her nose surgery. Earlier, her nasal line was wider but now it is slim with a pointed nose tip.
It is reported that Portman had lifted her eyelids a bit. However, stunning eyelids may be the power of makeup.
Some believe that Natalie had facelift surgeries. This may be the reason that her face had not changed much over these years. All these rumors lack concrete evidence other than mere speculations. Whatever be the case, this actress looks beautiful.
The Bottom Line
Natalie Portman is one of the most talented actresses in Hollywood. Natalie is a vegan and an animal activist. She is against fashion that uses animal products like feathers, skin, scales, and oil. She launched her animal-friendly brand with no animal products.
Natalie served as an ambassador of Hope for FINCA International. It is an organization that offers financial support to micro-businesses owned by women.
She also served as an ambassador for WE Charity, an organization aimed to promote charity, women’s education, and human rights. Natalie is a good soul and an inspiring personality for millions.