Raymond Allen Liotta was an American actor and a film producer. He was noted for his intense, volatile, and dramatic roles as Shoeless Joe Jackson in Field of Dreams and Henry Hill in Goodfellas.
This on-the-edge tough guy, has bagged multiple prestigious awards for his phenomenal acting.
If you wish to know more about the famous Ray Liotta- his weight, body measurements,Net worth, height, personal information, success story, relationships and much more, this guide covers almost every detail of this mind-blowing actor. Have a look!
Ray Liotta’s Story of Success
At the beginning of his career, Ray Liotta started with a soap opera named Another world.
He then moved to Los Angeles and made his debut in the film The Lonely Lady(1983).
After the release of Something Wild(1986), Liotta was the talk of the town. He also won a Golden Globe award for Best Supporting Actor for the same.
The movie Goodfellas which was glorified globally, was his career breakthrough.It put him under the spotlight and earned an Academy Award.
His notable role on Television Drama ER fetched him an Emmy for Outstanding Guest Actor performance.
His last movie was Cocaine Beer, an upcoming thriller movie that was to be released in 2023.
Ray Liotta’s Quick Bio
Ray Liotta was born on 18 December 1954 in Newark, New Jersey, and was deserted by his parents. Later, Liotta was adopted by the couple Alfred Liotta and Mary Liotta.
He had a sister named Linda, who was also adopted. However he knew about his adoption and later, he presented a show-and-tell report on it for kindergarten.
Speaking of nationality, his adoptive parents were of Italian and Scottish descent.
Liotta, being curious in search of his biological parents, hired a secret detective to locate his biological mother, through which he came to know that he was mostly of Scottish descent.
Also, he had one biological sister, one biological half-brother, and five biological half-sisters.
Though his family was not particularly religious and much into prayer, Liotta grew up in a Roman Catholic Household in Union, New Jersey.
He graduated in 1973 from Union High school and was later named to the Union High School Hall of fame.
Coming to his degree, he graduated with a Bachelor of Fine Arts in 1978 from the University of Miami.
- Birth Name: Raymond Allen Liotta
- Nickname: Ray Liotta
- Date of Birth: 18 December, 1954
- Age: 67 years (at the time of death- on 26th of May 2022)
- Birthplace: Newark, New Jersey, U.S
- Religion: Roman Catholic
- Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
- Father Name: Alfred Liotta
- Mother Name: Mary Liotta
- Siblings Name: Linda
- Spouse/Partner/Girlfriend: Ex-wife- Michelle Grace(1997-2004), Girlfriend -Jacy Nittolo(2019-2022)
- Children: Karsen Liotta
- Ethnicity: Father- Italian, Mother-Scottish
- Occupation: Actor, Film producer, Voice artist.
- Education: Graduate
- Tatoo: No
- Sexuality: Straight
Soon after college, Liotta moved to New York, where he landed as a bartender in a theatrical producing organisation.
Ray Liotta’s Height and Weight
Being an actor, Ray Liotta had a stunning physique. He stood 6 feet tall(183cm or 1.83m). Speaking of weight, the actor is 80kg (176.37 lbs).
He had a mildly stocky frame and structured body.
Back in school Ray Liotta was crazy about sports and was an athlete himself.
He stood out for his performance in soccer and basketball and had maintained an athletic figure throughout.
Ray Liotta’s Body Measurements
Liotta’s chest measured 45 inches (114.3 cm). His waist measured 34 inches(86.36cm), and his biceps measured 14.5 inches (36.83 cm).
Ruggedly handsome Liotta had a pair of blue eyes, and his short-cropped wavy hair was colored in Salt and Pepper Style.
His smoldering eyes grabbed all attention.
The shoe size of Ray is 9(US), EU(41.5), or 8.5(UK).
Ray Liotta’s Body Measurements
13.5 inches (34.29cm yo)
45 inches (114.3cm)
34 inches (86.36cm)
23 inches (58.42cm)
15.5 inches (39.37cm)
Brown(Then), Salt and pepper(Now)
Ray Liotta’s Net Worth
During his career that lasted over 40 years, Liotta didn’t have a blockbuster payday for any of his movies, but Ray Liotta had a net worth of $14 million at the time of death.
His per annum salary was $2.31million. Also, he received $50,000 to be the face of Chantix, a medication to help smokers quit.
According to the sources, he was also a part of the promotion of various brands like KFC, Apple and Tequila Silver.
Ray Liotta’s Dating History
Liotta and Jacy Nittolo(an entrepreneur, businesswoman and influencer), were in romance since early 2020.
The global pandemic brought their relationship even closer. The couple was planning to get engaged, but unfortunately, he died at the age of 67.
Back in 1997, He was married to Michelle Grace who was a popular producer and actress. According to sources, the lovebirds met at a basketball game.
Karsen Liotta is their beautiful daughter who is also an actress known for the movie Hubie Halloween.
Later the couple got divorced and parted their ways in the year 2004.
Ray Liotta’s Most Loved Things
- Favorite Foods: Italian cuisine
- Favorite Places: Europe
- Favorite Movies: Godfather, Jaws, Alien
- Favorite Actress: Diane Keaton
- Favorite Actor: Jack Nicholson, Dustin Hoffman
- Favorite Color: Powder Blue
- Favorite Artists: James Brown, Stevie Wonder
- Favorite Outfit: A pair of jeans and a T-shirt
- Favorite Products: Watches, sunglasses
- Favorite Book: In search of lost time by Marcel Proust
- Favorite Perfume: Mennen Deodorant, Shower to Shower.
Ray Liotta was an art lover since his college days. He used to perform various musicals during his college days.
He loved travelling and Europe was his favorite destination for vacations.
Ray Liotta’s Habits
- The younger Liotta used to attend parades to hand out flyers for his father’s political run.
- During his college days, he worked at a local cemetery doing several different jobs.
- Liotta was pretty much obsessed with his hobby of horse riding which he learnt for his mini-series, Texas Rising.
- He always believed that different horses had different personalities and always had adorned them
Ray Liotta’s Accomplishments
With over 40 years in the film industry, Ray Liotta has had accomplished a lot.
- In 2005, the actor bagged the Primetime Emmy Award for the category of Outstanding Guest actor in the drama series for his work in ER.
- Liotta was nominated for the prestigious Golden Globe Award for Best supporting Actor-Motion picture.
- He brought home the Boston Society of Film Critics Award for the movie Something wild and received 2 other nominations for the same movie.
- He also received various nominations for his intense performance.
Ray Liotta’s Social Media Profiles
Being a popular figure, Liotta had quite a number of followers on social media. Here are his social media profiles.
The Bottom Line
Though Liotta played iconic characters, he never made it to the list of Top-A celebrities. He always wanted to try out different roles but not to be a type cast.
May 26, 2022, was a heartbreaking loss for Hollywood.
This lovable actor died in his sleep at the age of 67 in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic during the filming of Dangerous Waters leaving behind his evergreen iconic performances.
But, he will always be remembered for his brilliant performances and outstanding dedication to acting.