Sarah Jessica Parker is one of the iconic Hollywood actresses. The actress is better known for her exceptional screen performances and attitude.
Can we imagine another actress for the ‘Sex and City’ TV series? Certainly not.
Her characters had imprinted deeply in the mind of the audience and it is hard to find another one in place of her.
Parker had been honored with prestigious accolades. Even now, she amazes us through her acting.
Check out Sarah Jessica Parker’s height and weight, body measurements, journey to stardom, net worth, bio, dating history, habits, and much more.
Sarah Jessica Parker’s Journey to Stardom
Sarah Jessica Parker learned singing and ballet in her childhood. Her family motivated her in acting and made arrangements to improve the quality of her training.
Sarah’s mother and stepfather shaped her to act in movies and plays by providing access to arts schools and ballet schools. Sarah along with her four siblings played in ‘The Sound of Music’, a production held in St. Louis, Missouri.
She acted in the series, ‘Square Pegs’ and movies like ‘Footloose’, ‘Girls Just Want to Have Fun’, and ‘Flight of the Navigator’ over a period from 1984 to 1986.
Parker acted in the film ‘L.A Story’ which was released in 1991. The following year, she starred in ‘Honeymoon in Vegas’ which became a commercial success.
In 1993, Parker acted like a witch in Disney’s comedy movie ‘Hocus Pocus’. Although this film earned moderate profit at the box office, it became a cult film due to the viewership through TV and DVDs.
She acted in ‘Striking Distance’ that same year. Her Biographical film with Johnny Depp, ‘Ed Wood’ received positive acclaim from critics. She acted in the film, ‘Miami Rhapsody’, and the broadway play ‘Sylvia’ in 1995.
Parker starred as Nathalie Lake in the movie ‘Mars Attacks’ in 1996. This film was directed by Tim Burton. Parker acted in ‘The First Wives Club’ in 1996. It created a cult following especially among middle-aged women.
One of her breakthroughs was the series ‘Sex and the City’ telecasted on HBO from 1998 to 2004. Parker acted as Carrie Bradshaw, one of the iconic characters in that series.
This character is the protagonist and narrator. Parker’s character became one of the greatest female characters in the history of American TV.
Sarah continued acting in movies through her role in ‘The Family Stone’ in 2005. She acted alongside Diane Keaton in this movie. This film earned her a Golden Globe Award nomination and it was a commercial success.
In 2006, Parker starred in the movie, ‘Failure to Launch’ alongside Mathew McConaughey. Sarah acted as a doctor in ‘The Smart People’ released in 2008.
The film version of the ‘Sex and City’ series franchise was released in 2008. The next movie titled ‘Sex and the City 2’ was done after two years.
She had a guest role as Isabelle Wright in the series ‘Glee’ which aired on FOX. She voiced in the animated movie, ‘Escape from Planet Earth’ in 2013.
She produced and acted as Frances Dufresne in the series ‘Divorce’. This character earned positive acclaim from critics. Parker then starred as an NYC singer in the movie ‘Here and How’ in 2018.
Sarah Jessica Parker’s Quick Bio
Sarah Jessica Parker was born on March 25, 1965, in Nelsonville, Ohio, United States. Her father Stephen Parker was a journalist and entrepreneur and her mother Barbara Parker worked as a teacher and nursery-school operator.
Sarah has three full siblings Timothy Britten Parker, Pippin Parker, Rachael Parker, and four half-siblings Aaron D. Forste, Andrew Forste, Allegra Forste, and Megan Forste (all four siblings from her mother’s second marriage).
Timothy and Pippin are famous actors just like Sarah. Her parents got divorced when she was very young. Barbara married Paul Forste. He worked as a truck driver and account executive.
The family struggled for years with a lack of money. They could not enjoy the special days and had the electricity shut off frequently. But Sarah’s mother motivated her to participate in co-curricular activities.
- Birth Name: Sarah Jessica Parker.
- Nickname: SJP.
- Date of Birth: March 25, 1965.
- Age: 57 years old (as of 2022).
- Birthplace: Nelsonville, Ohio, United States.
- Religion: Judaism
- Zodiac Sign: Aries.
- Father Name: Stephen Parker.
- Mother Name: Barbara Parker.
- Siblings Name: Timothy Britten Parker (Brother), Pippin Parker (Brother), Rachael Parker (Sister), Aaron D. Forste (Half-Brother), Andrew Forste (Half Brother), Allegra Forste (Half-Sister), Megan Forste (Half-Sister).
- Spouse/Partner: Michael J. Fox (1984), Robert Downey Jr. (1984-1991), John Kennedy jr. (1991), Joshua Kadison (1991), Nicolas Cage (1991), Mathew Broderick (started dating in 1992 and married on May 19, 1997).
- Children: James Wilkie Broderick, Tabitha Hodge Broderick, Marion Loretta Elwell Broderick.
- Ethnicity: Father- Ashkenazi Jewish ancestry & Mother- German, some French and English ancestry.
- Occupation: Actress, Producer, Model, Voice Actor, Businessperson.
- Education: Graduate (Hollywood High School, Professional Children’s School, The School of American Ballet, HB Studio, School for the Creative and Performing Arts).
- Tatoo: Sarah has done temporary tattoos.
- Sexuality: Straight.
Sarah Jessica Parker’s Height and Weight
Sarah Jessica Parker stands 5 feet 2 inches (160 cm or 1.6 m) tall and she weighs 56 kg (123 pounds).
The actress has an inverted triangle body shape. She looks athletic in her build. Sarah is energetic and attractive even though she is nearing her sixties.
Sarah Jessica Parker’s Body Measurements
Sarah Jessica Parker has a height of 5 feet 2 inches (1.6 m or 160 cm). She weighs 56 kg (123 pounds).
Parker has a chest size of 37 inches (93.98 cm), a waist size of 24 inches (60.96 cm), a hips size of 34 inches (86.36 cm), and body measurement of 37-24-34 inches or 93.98-60.96-86.36 cm.
Sarah has stunning blue eyes and blonde hair. The actress looks astounding even in her fifties. She has a beauty mark on her chin.
Parker has an athletic body build and an inverted triangle body shape. What about her outfit sizes? Well, Sarah’s dress size is 6(US) or 38(EU) or 10(UK) and her shoe size is 8.5(US) or 39.5(EU) or 6.5(UK).
Sarah Jessica Parker’s Body Measurements
160 cm (5 feet 2 inches)
56 kg (123 pounds)
37-24-34 inches (93.98-60.96-86.36 cm)
37 inches (93.98 cm)
24 inches (60.96 cm)
34 inches (86.36 cm)
Figure or Body Shape
Freckles on the body, A beauty mark on the chin, Sparkling blue eyes
6(US) or 38(EU) or 10(UK)
8.5(US) or 39.5(EU) or 6.5(UK)
Sarah Jessica Parker’s Net Worth
Sarah Jessica Parker’s net worth is 150 million US Dollars in 2022. Acting in movies and TV series is her prime profession.
In addition to these, she is a producer and fashion enthusiast. Parker is one of the prominent Hollywood actresses.
Sarah Jessica Parker’s Dating History
Sarah Jessica Parker started dating Michael J. Fox in 1984. It was a brief relationship that ended after a few months. She had dated Robert Downey Jr that same year.
It was reported that Sarah and John Kennedy Jr. had a brief date in 1991 e that lasted a few months. After that encounter, she started dating Joshua Kadison that same year.
Sarah dated Nicholas Cage in August 1991. However, the romance sprouted up in the shooting set itself and was done after the pack-up.
Finally, she found her husband Mathew Broderick in 1992. The duo dated for five years. On May 19, 1997, the couple got married. Janet Broderick, Mathew’s sister, coordinated the ceremony in Manhattan.
Sarah and Mathew are the blessed parents of James Wilkie Broderick, Tabitha Hodge Broderick, and Marion Loretta Elwell Broderick.
Sarah Jessica Parker’s Most Loved Things
Check out Sarah Jessica Parker’s favorite things.
- Favorite Foods: Roasted Chicken, Coca-Cola, Pasta, Bacon, Cheese, Brownies, Milk Chocolate.
- Favorite Places: Greece.
- Favorite Movies: The Way We Were (1973), Melancholia (2011).
- Favorite Actress: Meryl Streep.
- Favorite Actor: Robert Downey Jr.
- Favorite Color: Her favorite color is White and Peacock Blue.
- Favorite Artists: Trombone Shorty.
- Favorite Outfits: Frocks, gowns, skirts, Jeans, Jackets, embellished gowns.
- Favorite Products: Koh Gen Do Moisture Spa Gel Rich, Koh Gen Do Moisture Foundation, Tom Ford Shade and Illuminate, Koh Gen Doh Lavender Pink and Yellow Under Bases, Fenty Cheeks Out Freestyle Cream Bronzers, Clarins Bronzing Compact, Nars Radiant Creamy Concealers, Merit Cream Blush, Glossier Brow Flick, Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat Lip Liners, YSL Rouge Volupte Oil-in-Stick Lipstick Balm, Biologique Recherche Lait Vip 02, Skinceuticals CE Ferulic Serum, Skinceuticals Triple Lipid Restore, M-61 Fast Blast 2-minute Vitamin C Facial Mask, Shani Darden Retinol Reform and Supergoop Play SPF 50 Everyday Lotion.
- Favorite Books: Prayers for the Stolen, Kill a Mockingbird.
- Favorite Perfume: Sarah Jessica Parker Fragrances.
Besides these, Sarah Jessica Parker loves swimming, walking, reading, and traveling.
Ana de Armas’ Bio, Measurements, Height
Kelly Ripa’s Bio, Measurements, Weight
Cameron Diaz’s Bio, Height, Weight
Dakota Johnson’s Measurements, Weight, Height
Awards Won by Sarah Jessica Parker
Sarah Jessica Parker has won 31 major awards among 84 nominations. Here is the list of Sarah’s major achievements.
- Primetime Emmy Awards 2001 (Executive Producer).
- Primetime Emmy Awards 2004.
- Golden Globe Awards 2000
- Golden Globe Awards 2001 (2 awards).
- Golden Globe Awards 2002 (2 awards).
- Golden Globe Awards 2004.
- Producers Guild Awards 2002, 2004 (2 awards).
- Screen Actors Guild Awards 2001, 2002, 2004 (3 awards).
- Critic Awards 1996, 2000, 2001, 2005, 2011 (5 awards).
- Golden Nonviolent Film Festival 2013.
- Monte-Carlo TV Festival 2002.
- ShoWest Convention 2008, 2010 (2 awards).
- Hasty Pudding Theatricals 2002.
- Alliance of Women Film Journalists 2011.
- Bambi Awards 2011.
- Gold Derby Awards 2004.
- Gracie Allen Awards 2004.
- Online Film & Television Association 2000.
- People’s Choice Awards 2017.
- Razzie Awards 2011.
- Women in Film Crystal + Lucy Awards 1999.
Sarah Jessica Parker’s Habits
Sarah Jessica Parker loves fashion and is well updated about the latest trends. She had worked with numerous premium brands. Moreover, she launched her line of fragrances in 2005 named ‘Lovely’ and again another perfume line called ‘Covet’.
Two years later, she founded a fashion line called ‘Bitten’. It was done in partnership with Steve & Barry’s. The actress founded the footwear brand ‘Nordstrom’ in 2014. Sarah had her production company called ‘Pretty Matches’.
Parker proved to be a successful entrepreneur as well. She loves walking and usually sets new targets, say 10,000 steps a day. Her other hobbies include swimming, workouts, watching TV, and shopping.
Emilia Clarke’s Height, Weight, Measurements
Lily James’ Measurements, Weight, Dating History
Millie Bobby Brown’s Height, Weight, Body Measurements
Emma Roberts’ Height, Weight, Measurements
Sarah Jessica Parker is one of the astounding Hollywood actresses. Throughout these years, she had conquered numerous milestones and bagged prestigious honors.
Her character in ‘Sex and City’ is regarded as one of the strong woman characters in American TV. Parker is an inspiration for young actors who dream to become a star one day.