DeAndre Cortez Way, also known as Soulja Boy Tell ‘Em or simply Soulja Boy, is an American rapper who paved a new road to success in the rap game.
Soulja Boy is popularly regarded as the founding father of internet rap. In 2008, he marked a huge success by selling three million digital copies of his song “Crank That”
If you wish to know more about the famous Soulja Boy- his weight, body measurements, Net Worth, height, personal information, success story, relationships, and much more, this guide covers almost every detail of the successful rapper. Have a look!
Soulja Boy’s Journey to Stardom
DeAndre Way went to Mississippi in 2005, where his father bought him a computer and a microphone. He would post his initial works on the Soundclick website.
While other musicians continued to hustle CDs and attempt to do local shows, Soulja Boy used the internet to his advantage in his quest for popularity. On Soundclick, he established his first fan base.
He posted his first YouTube video in march 2006. Yes, he was the very first rapper on YouTube, indeed. However, it wasn’t until 2007 that his career truly took off thanks to the smash hit single “Crank That.”
He became one of the first Internet sensations whose songs peaked at the top of the Billboard Hot 100 in 2007.
His audience was already accustomed to seeing him perform the crank that dance because he had been doing it for about a year. However, when “Crank That (Soulja Boy)” came out, it became the song that the Soulja community could support.
The song was going bonkers on Myspace and YouTube. It reached at number one on the Billboard Hot 100 and remained at that spot for 32 weeks. “Crank That” was even nominated for a Grammy for Best rap song.
He made a significant amount of money by being a “early adopter” of Internet tools when they were still uncommon. The popularity of Soulja Boy is both an aesthetic and commercial accomplishment.
Soulja Boy’s Quick Bio
DeAndre Way was born in Chicago, Illinois, on July 28, 1990. When he was six years old, his parents got divorced and relocated to Atlanta.
That’s where he discovered his passion for rap music. His father took him to Mississippi when he was 14 and supported him in pursuing his dream.
He provided a recording studio for Soulja Boy to explore his musical ambitions.
Soulja Boy had a brother named Deion Jenkins, who died in a car accident in March 2011.
- Birth Name: DeAndre Cortez Way
- Nickname: Soulja Boy Tell ‘Em
- Date of Birth: 28 July, 1990
- Age: 32
- Birthplace: Chicago, Illinois, USA
- Religion: Christian
- Zodiac Sign: Leo
- Father Name: Tracy Way
- Mother Name: Carlisa Way
- Siblings Name: John Way (younger brother), Tracy Jenkins (younger half-brother), Late Deion Jenkins (younger half-brother)
- Spouse/Partner/Girlfriend: Jackilyn Martinez
- Children: None
- Ethnicity: Father- African- American, Mother- African- American
- Occupation: Rapper, song-writer, record producer, entrepreneur, actor
- Education: Batesville’s South Panola High School
- Tatoo: multiple tattoos with overlapping designs
- Sexuality: Straight
Although Soulja Boy has an American citizenship, he is from African-American descent.
Talking about his children, Soulja Boy recently took to his instagram to announce that he is having his first child with girlfriend Jackie. The couple shared this news in March 2022.
Soulja Boy’s Height and Weight
Soulja Boy stands 5 feet and 8 inches tall (173 cm or 1.73 m). He weighs around 67 kg or 148 lbs.
He also naturally has black color hair and dark brown eyes.
He is a tattoo lover and has multiple tattoos on his body, approximately 43 in total.
Soulja Boy is a well-maintained American rapper. He has a lean physique.
Soulja Boy’s Body Measurements
Talking about Soulja boy’s physique, his chest is 37 inches(93.98 cm), his waist is 30 inches(76.2 cm) and biceps or arms 13.5 inches(34.29 cm).
He is without a doubt one of the most attractive rappers and record producers in the business.
He is not only a successful musician but also an entrepreneur. He started his own clothing line in 2010. Not only this, he has his own brand of shoes.
His shoe size is 9 US, 7(UK) or 42 (EU).
Soulja Boy’s Body Measurements
5 feet 8 inches (173 cm or 1.73 m)
67 kg (148 lbs)
13.5 inches (34.29 cm)
37 inches (93.98 cm)
30 inches (76.2 cm)
Heavily tattooed body
9 US, 7(UK) or 42 (EU)
Soulja Boy’s Net Worth
As per the reports, Soulja Boy has a net worth of 30 Million Dollars. His lucrative business endeavors and successful music career have allowed his fortune to expand over time.
Needless to say, Soulja Boy has enjoyed tremendous success in his career.
Soulja Boy’s Relationship Timeline
When it comes to dating history, Soulja Boy has a long list of relationships that he has had in the past. Rumors have it that he got engaged twice.
Currently, the rapper is dating a hairstylist Jackilyn Martinez with whom he is also expecting a baby.
Soulja Boy’s Most Loved Things
Moving on, here’s a list of Soulja Boy’s favorite things:
- Favorite Foods: Chilli cheese fries
- Favorite Places: Tokyo, Japan
- Favorite Movies: The Social Network
- Favorite Actress: Julia Roberts
- Favorite Actor: Al Pacino
- Favorite Color: Green
- Favorite Artists: Diggy Simmons
- Favorite Outfit: Baggy T-Shirts and Jeans
- Favorite Products: Adidas, Puma
- Favorite Book: The Art Of War by Sun Tzu
- Favorite Perfume: GUCCI
Soulja Boy also talked about his favorite song “Keep Ya Head Up” by Tupac. He finds this song very inspirational.
He has some great childhood memories associated with this song. For Soulja Boy, Tupac is really inspiring as a person and musician.
Even his favorite album is also Tupac’s work “All Eyez On Me”.
In addition to this, Soulja Boy also likes to watch Anime. His favorite anime is the Japanese Tv Show “Death Note”.
Soulja Boy is a person who has no fear in whatever he does in life. He believes that if you’re going to pursue anything, you should give it your all.
And that’s the advice he gives to his fans: “To Be Or Not To Be”
Soulja Boy’s Habits
- Talking about Soulja Boy’s habits, his favorite pastime activity is playing video games.
- In an interview he said that he doesn’t travel anywhere without his PS3 and XBox. His current favorite games are Skate 3 and Gears of War 3.
- Owing to his love for video games, he even ventured to start his own line of video games in 2018. However, that maneuver did not work out.
Soulja Boy’s Accomplishments
- On January 6, 2008, Soulja Boy made music history by becoming the first performer to have a song sell three million digital copies.
- The song “Crank That” is still regarded as one of his greatest successes. “Crank That” received a Grammy nomination in 2008 for Best Rap Song.
- He went on to create a series of studio albums, mixtapes, and extended plays after such a prosperous start to his musical career, which propelled him to the top of the international rap scene.
- Speaking of awards, Soulja Boy won the 2007 BET Hip-Hop Awards for Best Hip-Hop Dance.
- In the same year, he received the Ozone Award in the category of ‘Patiently Waiting: Mississippi’.
Soulja Boy’s Social Media Profiles
The first musician to be successful using social media was Soulja Boy, a marketing genius who created his brand from the ground up.
Even today he is very active on his social media sites like Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Be it announcing some great news or connecting with fans, Soulja Boy truly knows how to make the best use of social media platforms
Soulja Boy has a huge fan following on his social media accounts.
His followers on Instagram accounts to 7.1M, Facebook has 11M following and Twitter has 5.5M followers.
His Youtube channel has 3.22M subscribers.
Soulja Boy is probably the first rap artist who gained popularity on the internet, excelled at leveraging the new tools available to him to transform his talent into a brand and then commercialize it with more style than any other musician in history.
At this point of time it would not be wrong to say that Soulja Boy is not only a name, it has become a Brand.