Undertaker or Mark William Calaway is an astounding wrestler popular for his fierce, aggressive, and thrilling gimmick in WWE.
The name ‘Undertaker’ is enough to describe his character in the ring. The moment we hear his name, we could hear that ringing of the bell: his famous intro.
Undertaker is a legendary wrestler who set a benchmark that is difficult to cross by any future wrestler in WWE.
Check out The Undertaker’s body measurements, height and weight, rise to fame, habits, awards, social media profiles, net worth, quick bio, relationship timeline, and much more.
The Undertaker’s Success Story
Undertaker began his wrestling journey in 1986 under the guidance of famous wrestler Buzz Sawyer. There are two speculations about Calaway’s beginning.
Firstly, some believe that he had his first match in 1984. The second one is that Undertaker took his training from Don Jardine. Later it was clarified that Undertaker is an admirer of Jardine but never trained under him. He joined WWE in October 1990.
One of the major gimmicks of Undertaker is the Deadman gimmick. It used caskets, body bags, and effigies depicting corpses, cemeteries, and hearses.
This gimmick focused on him as an undead, macabre, funereal, and horror-themed character. His intro consists of funeral tolls, a semi-darkened atmosphere with smoke, hazy fog, blue or purple lights, thunder sounds, lightning, and whistles.
Each Deadman incarnation is unique and has a distinct appearance. All this made him a legendary star in WWE. Undertaker has appeared in TV and media as well.
He made his debut role in the movie ‘Suburban Commando’ in 1991. He also acted in small roles in ‘Poltergeist: The Legacy’ and ‘Celebrity Deathmatch’.
The Undertaker’s Quick Bio
Mark William Calaway, popularly known by his ring name, The Undertaker, was born on March 24, 1965, in Houston, Texas, United States. Mark is the youngest son of Frank Compton Calaway and Betty Catherine Calaway.
His older siblings are David Calaway, Michael Calaway, Paul Calaway, and Timothy Calaway.
Undertaker has English, Welsh, Scottish, Irish, German, Scots-Irish/Northern Irish, Swiss-German, and Cornish ancestry. Mark completed his schooling at Waltrip High School.
- Birth Name: Mark William Calaway.
- Nickname: The Phenom, Dead Man, Big Evil, The Man from the Dark Side, The Undertaker, The Last Outlaw, The Demon of Death Valley, The American Badass, The Lord of Darkness, The Prince of Darkness, Red Devil, Big Devil, Texas Red, The Punisher, Mean Mark, The Commando.
- Date of Birth: March 24, 1965.
- Age: 57 years old (as of 2022).
- Birthplace: Houston, Texas, United States.
- Religion: Christianity.
- Zodiac Sign: Aries.
- Father Name: Frank Compton Calaway.
- Mother Name: Betty Catherine Calaway.
- Siblings Name: David Calaway, Michael Calaway, Paul Calaway, Timothy Calaway.
- Spouse/Partner/Girlfriend: Jodi Lynn (1989-1999, married 1989 and divorced 1999), Sara Calaway (1999-2007, married in July 2000 and divorced in April 2007), Michelle McCool (2007-present, married in June 2010).
- Children: Gunner Vincent Calaway (mother- Jodi Lynn), Chasey Calaway (Sara Calaway), Gracie Calaway (mother- Sara Calaway), Kaia Faith Calaway (mother- Michelle McCool).
- Ethnicity: His parents have English, Welsh, Scottish, Irish, German, Scots-Irish/Northern Irish, Swiss-German, and Cornish ancestry.
- Occupation: Professional Wrestler, Actor.
- Education: Graduate (Waltrip High School, Angelina College, attended Texas Wesleyan University).
- Tatoo: Chain tattoo (around the neck), Skeleton tattoo (neck), tattoos on his arms which consist of skeleton designs, scary patterns, and mythical creatures, ‘BSK’ text tattoo (on his stomach), ‘PRIDE’ text tattoo (stomach).
- Sexuality: Straight.
He joined Angelina College on a basketball scholarship. Later, he enrolled at Texas Wesleyan University to study Sports Management. But he dropped out to focus on sports.
Mark was determined to be a professional basketball player but later he chose professional wrestling. Undertaker is a tattoo lover and both his arms are covered with numerous tattoos.
The Undertaker’s Height and Weight
The Undertaker has a height of 6 feet 8 inches (203 cm or 2.03 m). He weighs 138 kg (304 pounds). He is a huge man with a great physique. The 57-year-old star still maintains his body very well.
The Undertaker’s Body Measurements
The Undertaker stands at a towering height of 6 feet 8 inches (203 cm). He weighs 138 kg (304 pounds). He has an arms size of 18.5 inches (47 cm), a chest size of 53 inches (135 cm), and a waist size of 38.5 inches (98 cm).
The Undertaker has green eyes and black hair. He has a shoe size of 16 (US).
The Undertaker’s Body Measurements
203 cm (6 feet 8 inches)
138 kg (304 pounds)
18.5 inches (47 cm)
53 inches (135 cm)
38.5 inches (98 cm)
Often wears headbands, Towering height, Numerous body tattoos
The Undertaker often wears a headband. The wrestler has numerous tattoos on his body, especially his arms.
The Undertaker’s Net Worth
The Undertaker has a net worth of 17 million US Dollars in 2022. His primary income sources include wrestling, brand promotions, and social media.
The Undertaker’s Dating History
The Undertaker has had few relationships over the years. He married Jodi Lynn in 1989. The couple became parents after the birth of Gunner Vincent Calaway in 1993.
Mark and Jodi got divorced in 1999. Do you believe in love at first sight? Well, his next romantic story proves it.
Mark got attracted to Sara Calaway (an American female wrestler) the moment he saw her during an autograph session. The duo dated for 10 days.
Mark and Sara tied the knot in July 2000. They are blessed with Chasey Calaway and Gracie Calaway, their two daughters. But the couple got divorced in 2007.
After that, he started a relationship with Michelle McCool in 2007. The duo dated for three years and got married on June 26, 2010. They have a daughter named Kaia Faith.
The Undertaker’s Favorite Things
Let’s explore Undertaker’s favorite things.
- Favorite Foods: Undertaker loves steak, pizza, and burgers.
- Favorite Place: He likes to drive to the desert and similar locations.
- Favorite Movies: Pulp Fiction.
- Favorite Actress: Margot Robbie.
- Favorite Actor: Robert De Niro.
- Favorite Color: Sunray, Black.
- Favorite Artists: Nick Cave, ZZ Top.
- Favorite Outfits: Hat, coats, shirts, t-shirts, badass costumes, leather dresses, jackets, jeans, boots.
- Favorite Products: Undertaker loves high-quality premium products.
- Favorite Books: He likes to read books on sports, motivation, and wrestling.
- Favorite Perfume: Undertaker loves intense fragrances.
Besides these, Undertaker loves playing basketball, football, and driving vintage cars.
The Undertaker’s Habits
The Undertaker wished to become a professional basketball player during his younger days.
- Undertaker’s major signature moves include Back body drop, Reverse STO, Running DDT, Sidewalk slam, Soup bones, Chokehold, Fujiwara armbar, Running elbow drop, and Triangle choke.
- Chokeslam, Devil’s triangle, Last ride, Tombstone Piledriver, Callous Clutch, Flatliner Fist, and Heat-seeking missile are his major finishing moves in the ring.
- Undertaker is a tattoo lover.
- He is an excellent basketball player.
- Undertaker earned a black belt in Brazilian jiu-jitsu.
The Undertaker’s Accomplishments
The Undertaker’s major accomplishments include,
- The Baltimore Sun (4 awards).
- CBS Sports- Worst Angle of the Year 2018.
- Pro Wrestling Illustrated (9 achievements).
- United States Wrestling Association Unified World Heavyweight Championship. (1 time).
- World Class Wrestling Association Unified World Heavyweight Championship (1 time).
- WWE (19 achievements).
- Slammy Award (15 times).
- Wrestling Observer Newsletter (12 achievements).
- Eyegore Award 2000.
The Undertaker’s Social Media Profiles
The Undertaker has 4.3 Million followers on Instagram and 469.2k followers on Twitter, and 28.2k subscribers on his YouTube channel as of July 2022.
The Bottom Line
Undertaker is undoubtedly the greatest wrestler of all time. He and his wife Sara co-own ‘The Zeus Compton Calaway Save the Animals, a foundation that aims at protecting and nurturing the animals. It is difficult to find a wrestler like him in the future of WWE.