If you are a true fan of Shakira, dive here to know everything about her. Shakira’s height, Shakira’s weight, Shakira’s body measurements, Shakira’s net worth, Shakira’s info, Favourite list, and more.
“Queen of Latin Music”- Shakira. This phrase is enough to define her. This Latin singer from Barranquilla, Colombia stole our hearts with her music and charismatic belly dancing. With over 70 million Instagram followers, she is one of the most fan-following female singers.
Hips don’t lie, Whenever wherever, Waka Waka, Can’t remember to forget you, She-Wolf, La La La, La Tortura, Loca, Chantaje are some of her famous songs which sold over millions of copies around the world.
She bagged over 333 awards throughout her music and dancing career which shows her exceptional skills and awesome talents.
Shakira’s Success Story
Want to know how a normal girl transformed into a splendid personality with millions of fans across the world? It is indeed an inspirational story.
Shakira started to write songs at a younger age. She wrote the song Crystal Rose at just 4 years old. With all her songs she made her debut album Magia at thirteen years old which was recorded at Sony Music in 1990. The album was not a commercial success. Soon after that, she released her second album Peligro in 1993 which became a moderate success.
Shakira took a break and acted in a television series Oasis. The singer got her breakthrough with Pies descalzos released in 1995. This song became a commercial hit. In 1998 she released her album Dónde están los ladrones? Which bagged Latin Grammy Awards.
Shakira was awarded Grammy Award for her album MTV Unplugged. Her first English album Laundry Service (2001) sold more than 13 million copies worldwide. The singer’s success rocketed during the years 2005 and 2006 with the release of Spanish Fijación Oral, Vol 1 and English Oral Fixation, Vol 2 followed by the most famous Hips Don’t Lie in 2006. Her other albums like She Wolf became an international hit.
How can we forget the 2010 World Cup Anthem Waka Waka song (This time For Africa) which became an internet sensation song worldwide even today? Shakira’s El Dorado (2017) won Grammy Award for Best Latin Pop Album and the Latin Grammy Award for Best Contemporary Pop Vocal Album.
Shakira’s Height and Weight
Shakira is short-sized. Standing 5 feet 2 inches (157 cm or 1.57m) tall. She weighs 54kg (119 pounds). Shakira engages her with workouts, Zumba dances, and other outdoor activities to remain physically fit.
Shakira’s Dating History
Shakira started dating Osualdo Rios when she was 20 years old. He was an actor from Puerto Rico. They dated for 8 months and fell in love thereafter.
After the break up she was in a relationship with Antonio de la Rua from 2000-2010. Antonio was a lawyer from Argentina. They were not officially married but lived as a married couple for about 10 years.
After their separation, Antonio filed a case against Shakira in April 2013. It was to avail a compensation of 100 Million Dollars after her withdrawal from business partnership 3 years before. However, Los Angeles Court found the complaint irrelevant and dismissed the case.
Shakira started a relationship with footballer Gerard Piqué in 2010 who is ten years younger than her. Shakira met him during the video shooing of her famous Waka Waka song for the 2010 FIFA World Cup. Their relationship continued and they were blessed with two children Sasha and Milan. Forbes had selected them in the list of “World’s Most Powerful Couples”.
Shakira’s Quick Bio
Shakira was born on February/2/1977 in Barranquilla, Colombia. She is a single child of William Mebarak Chadid and Nidia del Carmen Ripoll Torrado. But she has nine step siblings. The 44-year-old singer is in a relationship with footballer Gerard Piqué since 2011. She is a blessed mother of two, Sasha Piqué Mebarak and Milan Piqué Mebarak. What to know more! Go through the list below,
- Birth Name: Shakira Isabel Mebarak Ripoll.
- Nickname: Shaki, La Shak, Isabel Mebarak.
- Date of Birth: 2 February 1977.
- Age: 45 years old.
- Birthplace: Barranquilla, Colombia.
- Religion: Christianity (Roman Catholic).
- Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
- Father Name: William Mebarak Chadid.
- Mother Name: Nidia del Carmen Ripoll Torrado.
- Siblings Name: She is the only child of her parents. But she has stepbrothers and step. Stepbrothers– Tonino Mebarak, Edward Mebarak, Robin Mebarak, Alberto Mebarak, Antonio Mebarak, and Moises Mebarak. Stepsisters– Lucy Mebarak, Ana Mebarak, and Patricia Mebarak.
- Spouse/Partner: Antonio de la Rúa (2000-2010), Gerard Piqué (2011-present).
- Children: Sasha Piqué Mebarak, Milan Piqué Mebarak.
- Ethnicity: Father- Lebanese American, Mother- Italian & Spanish descent.
- Occupation: Singer, Songwriter, Dancer, Actress, Philanthropist, Record Producer, Model, Composer, Entrepreneur, Voice Actor, Choreographer, Producer.
- Education: High school, attended summer classes on History of Western Civilisation from University of California Los Angeles.
- Tatoo: None
- Sexuality: Straight
Shakira’s Body Measurements
Shakira stands 5 feet 2 inches tall or 1.57m (157cm) tall and weighs about 54kg (119 pounds). Her figure is well maintained with a chest size of 34 inches (86.3cm), a waist size of 24 inches (60.9cm), a hips size of 37 inches (93.9cm), and a body measurement of 34-24-37 inches or 86.3-60.9-93.9 cm.
Shakira’s natural hair color is black but the singer had been blonde dyed her hair for several years. She fascinates millions of fans across the globe with glittering dark brown eyes, curly hairs, and her hips. Shakira has an athletic physique.
Talking about outfit sizes, Shakira’s dress size is 4(US) or 36(EU) or 8(UK) and Shakira’s shoe size is 7(US) or 37.5(EU) or 5(UK).
Shakira Body Measurements
157 cm (5 feet 2 inches)
54kg (119 pounds)
34-24-37 inches (86.3-60.9-93.9 cm)
34 inches (86.3 cm)
24 inches (60.9 cm)
37 inches (93.9 cm)
Dark Black (Natural Color)
Figure or Body Shape
Triangle Body Type or Pear Body shape
Curly Hairs and Hips
4(US) or 36(EU) or 8(UK)
7(US) or 37.5(EU) or 5(UK)
Shakira’s Most Loved Things
We all have our unique favorite lists. Now let’s dive into Shakira’s favorite things. This includes Shakira’s favorite food, Shakira’s favorite places, Shakira’s favorite actor, Shakira’s favorite color, Shakira’s favorite book, Shakira’s favorite perfume, and many more.
- Favorite Foods: Shakira loves to eat Arabian foods, Mojarra fried with patacon and seafood. She also likes pork chips and oranges. Pancakes with jam are one of her favorite breakfast dishes.
- Favorite Places: Shakira loves to visit historical places and museums. In an interview, she said that her stage performance at pyramids in Egypt was one of the most memorable ones. She loves to explore new cultures, ancient civilizations, and mythological places.
- Favorite Movies: She loves to watch horror movies.
- Favorite Actress: Selena Gomez, Scarlett Johansson, Ariana Grande.
- Favorite Actor: Hugh Grant.
- Favorite Color: Her favorite color is Black
- Favorite Artists: Rihanna, Beyonce, Carlos Vives, Pitbull, Camilo, Anuel AA are some of her favorite artists.
- Favorite Outfits: For stage performances, Shakira loves to wear outfits that complement her waist and hips so that her dance movements can be spotted easily. She is comfortable performing barefoot in her stage shows. Other than that, she likes to wear a simple top and jeans and elegant pinstripe suits as well.
- Favorite Products: Her favorite products include skincare products, cosmetic products, perfumes, and toothpaste.
- Favorite Books: Her favorite book is “The Prophet” written by Khalil Gibran.
- Favorite Perfume: Issey Miyake perfumes.
- Hobbies and interests: Well, she enjoys her time painting, horse riding, reading, watching movies, and listening to music.
Shakira’s Awards and Nominations
Shakira had bagged 333 Awards among 732 nominations throughout her career. This includes 3 Grammy Awards, 12 Latin Grammy Awards, and 5 American Music Awards. She became the most award-winning Latin artist of all time. Here is a glimpse of her achievements,
- 3 Grammy Awards (Nominations- 6).
- 5 American Music Awards (Nominations-8).
- 12 Latin American Awards (Nominations-26).
- 4 Latin American Music Awards (Nominations-20).
- 1 Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- 2 International Dance Music Award (Nominations-9).
- 42 Billboard Music Awards (Nominations-97).
There is an endless list of awards and honors achieved by this inspiring personality through her talent and hard work. These are some of the important ones among them. No wonder she is one of the best pop singers in the world!
Shakira’s Net Worth
Shakira’s net worth is estimated to be more than $300 million US Dollars as of 2022. She is regarded as one of the most successful female singers of all time. Her income sources are mainly from singing, world tours, stage performances, social media, brand promotions, and endorsements.
Has Shakira Done Plastic Surgery?
What do you think? There are numerous rumors that the singer had undergone cosmetic surgeries. This is because a marked difference can be seen in the appearance of Shakira compared with her old photos.
It is believed by some that she had undergone tummy tuck surgery or liposuction as her stomach became slim within a few days after the birth of her child Milan. Even with intense workouts, it is not possible to regain such a physique within less time.
Another rumor is that she had taken the Botox injection to get rid of face marks and wrinkles. Usually, actors practice certain cosmetics treatments to look younger. Some sources report that Shakira underwent breast implant surgery. But this news was refused by her as fake ones.
The most notable difference is the shape of her nose. Earlier it was wide and larger but now the nose tip is pointed and thin indicating the possibility of plastic surgery. However, there is no evidence to prove these other than mere comparisons.
The Bottom Line
Shakira is undoubtedly one of the best Latin celebrities in the world. She has not earned this position overnight. But her passion for music and dance paved way for her to achieve greater heights. Hence she inspires us to follow our passions and conquer our fears with confidence and determination.
Now that we have reached the end, just listen to one of your favorite Shakira songs, sit back, relax and enjoy!