John Cena is a wrestler, actor, and rapper. He is the idol of millions, especially among youths.
How can we forget his legendary intro track? The moment we hear it, Cena enters our minds with his iconic outfits and attitude. Cena has a unique ring outfit which includes jean shorts, armbands, wristbands, and sneakers.
His t-shirts and caps are texted with any of the phrases like ‘Never Give Up’, ‘You Can’t See Me’ ‘Hustle, Loyalty, Respect’, and ‘Respect Earn it’.
Check out John Cena’s body measurements, height and weight, success story, habits, accomplishments, net worth, bio, romances, social media profiles, and much more.
John Cena’s Journey to Stardom
John Cena started his training at UPW’s (Ultimate Pro Wrestling) Ultimate University in 1999. He adopted a semi-robotic behavior named ‘The Prototype’.
In 2000, he competed against Mikey Richardson on then WWF (World Wrestling Federation) at Smackdown which marked his unofficial debut. John entered a developmental contract with WWF in 2001.
John Cena has a gimmick that involves wearing a jersey and hat. Later he came to be known under his name ‘John Cena’ instead of Prototype.
One of the striking mannerisms during his competitions was that he used to rap and also insulted his opponents to lower their confidence. John also does rap battles with his opponents.
He changed his persona after the release of his movie ‘Marine’. He had transformed from a rapper to a military guy. He wore cargo shorts and dog tags and often saluted the crowd before the match.
Throughout his career, he was portrayed as a hero except for his villainous run between 2002 and 2003. Apart from being a professional wrestler, Cena is an actor too and has starred in numerous movies, TV series, and shows.
John Cena’s Quick Bio
John Felix Anthony Cena Jr. popularly known as John Cena was born on, April 23, 1977, in West Newbury Massachusetts, United States. He is the son of John Cena Jr and Carol Cena.
- Birth Name: John Felix Anthony Cena Jr.
- Nickname: The Champ, Doctor of Thuganomics.
- Date of Birth: April 23, 1977.
- Age: 45 years old (as of 2022).
- Birthplace: West Newbury Massachusetts, United States.
- Religion: Christianity.
- Zodiac Sign: Taurus.
- Father Name: John Cena Jr.
- Mother Name: Carol Cena.
- Siblings Name: Matt Cena, Steve Cena, Sean Cena, Dan Cena.
- Spouse/Partner/Girlfriend: Liz (married on July 11, 2009, and divorced on July 18, 2012), Lisa Marie Varon (2016), Mickie James (2011-2012), A.J Mendez (2012), Nikki Bella (engaged on April 2, 2017, and separated on April 2018), Shay Shariatzadeh (married on October 13, 2020).
- Children: No.
- Ethnicity: Father- Italian ancestry & Mother- French-Canadian, and English ancestry.
- Occupation: Professional Wrestler, Actor, Rapper.
- Education: Graduate (Central Catholic High School, Cushing Academy Massachusetts, Springfield College, Massachusetts).
- Tatoo: No.
- Sexuality: Straight.
He enrolled in Springfield College and completed his graduation in exercise physiology and body movements. Later, he chose bodybuilding as his career path.
John Cena’s Height and Weight
John Cena is 6 feet 1 inch (185 cm or 1.85 m) tall. He weighs 114 kg (251 pounds). Cena is an inspiration for millions in terms of his height and weight. Workouts are in his blood and he looks young even in his mid-forties.
John Cena’s Body Measurements
John Cena has a towering height of 6 feet 1 inch (185 cm). He weighs 114 kg (251 pounds). The wrestler has an arms size of 20 inches (50.8 cm), a chest size of 50 inches (127 cm), and a waist size of 36 inches (91.44 cm).
Cena has light brown hair and blue eyes. He has a shoe size of 11 (US).
John Cena’s Body Measurements
6 feet 1 inch (185 cm)
114 kg (251 pounds)
20 inches (50.8 cm)
50 inches (127 cm)
36 inches (91.44 cm)
Smile, Calm Look, Suitable Acting Personality
Cena has an awesome smile & calm and composed look. His personality is suitable for movie roles.
John Cena’s Net Worth
John Cena has a net worth of 80 million US Dollars in 2022. Wrestling, acting, endorsements, advertisements, and social media are his primary income sources. He has several luxury villas, a pretty good car collection, and other assets.
John Cena’s Dating History
John Cena started dating Liz in 2002. The duo continued their relationship for 6 years. In July 2009, Cena married Liz. They got divorced in July 2012.
It was reported that John dated Lisa Marie Varon in 2016. It was a brief relationship that lasted a month. In 2011, Mickie James and John were seen together which sparked rumors.
Cena had started dating A.J Mendez in July 2012. However, they split in November. John Cena and WWE lady wrestler Nikki Bella started a relationship in November 2012.
The couple dated for 4 years. They got engaged on April 2, 2017. After a year, they split. John started dating Shay Shariatzadeh in October 2020. Their relationship is going strong till now.
It was rumored that John Cena had dated Barbie Blank and Kendra Lust.
John Cena’s Most Loved Things
Let us explore John Cena’s favorite lists.
- Favorite Foods: Burger King, Taco Bell, Steak with vegetables.
- Favorite Places: Los Angeles, New York, Europe.
- Favorite Movies: Tropic Thunder, Fist of the North Star, Anchorman, Star Wars, Dynamite, Smokey & The Bandit.
- Favorite Actress: Kate Winslet.
- Favorite Actor: Robert Downey Jr.
- Favorite Color: Green, Purple, Black.
- Favorite Artists: Jay Z.
- Favorite Outfits: Cena’s Iconic Jean shorts, hat, T-shirts, blazers, overcoat.
- Favorite Products: Vaseline Men’s line, Lubriderm, Jo Malone, branded shoes.
- Favorite Books: Cena loves to read fitness books, sports books, and inspirational books.
- Favorite Perfume: John Cena The Marine for Men Eau de Parfum.
Cena loves playing football, basketball, and video games.
John Cena’s Habits
John Cena loves playing video games, driving, doing workouts in the gym, and playing football & basketball.
- Cena is afraid of spiders.
- John likes to play video games.
- Cena likes 1970 Pontiac GTO, Ram F4.
- He is a Japanese anime fan.
- John’s signature wrestling moves are FU, Five Knuckle Shuffle, and STFU.
John Cena’s Accomplishments
John Cena’s honors and accomplishments include,
- The Baltimore Sun 2007, 2010 – Wrestler of the Year (4 times).
- Ohio Valley Wrestling (2 times).
- Pro Wrestling Illustrated (12 times).
- Rolling Stone 2015 (3 times).
- Sports Illustrated 2018- Muhammad Ali Legacy Award.
- Ultimate Pro Wrestling- UPW Heavyweight Championship.
- WWE Championship (13 times).
- World Heavyweight Championship (5 times).
- WWE United States Championship (5 times).
- Royal Rumble 2008, 2013.
- WWE Championship No. 1 Contender’s Tournament 2003, 2005.
- Slammy Award (10 times).
- Wrestling Observer Newsletter (12 times).
- USO Legacy of Achievement Award.
- CinemaCon- Action Star of the Year.
John Cena’s Social Media Profiles
John Cena has 17.8 Million followers on his Instagram account, 13.8 Million followers on Twitter, and 879k followers on Facebook as of July 2022. John Cena’s social media profiles names,
The Bottom Line
John Cena is undoubtedly the greatest wrestler in the history of WWE. Apart from Cena’s versatile wrestling skills, his attitude and generosity have a separate fan base.
He had been a primary part of numerous philanthropic activities. Cena fulfilled the more than 650 wishes of children suffering from chronic diseases through the Make-A-Wish Foundation.
He had also raised his concern against bullying by wearing a t-shirt (written ‘Rise Above hate’) at Wrestle Mania in 2011.
John made similar support by wearing Black and Pink t-shirts (written ‘Rise Above Cancer’), and extended his support to the patients. Cena also contributed to ‘Black Lives Matter’ in 2020. John is a big man with a big heart.