Julia Roberts is an astounding Hollywood actress who is acclaimed worldwide for her brilliant acting skills. Julia aspired to become a Veterinarian in her childhood. We are lucky that she chose acting.
Roberts has been in front of the limelight for decades and her acting keeps on rejuvenating like a bottle of wine, providing fresh characters.
Get ready to explore Julia Roberts’ height and weight, body measurements, success story, net worth, personal info, and much more.
Julia Roberts’ Rise to Fame
Julia Roberts is a fabulous actress in Hollywood. Julia started her journey as an intense character in the series, ‘Crime Story’. She acted as a rape victim in an episode in that series. Thereafter, in 1988, she had her debut major role in the film, ‘Satisfaction’.
Julia Roberts had a guest role in the movie, ‘Blood Red’. Although this movie was shot a year before the film ‘Satisfaction’, It was released only in 1989.
The film, ‘Mystic Pizza’ released in 1988 gave her first breakthrough. It improved her self-confidence and she decided to take acting seriously.
Roberts showed a mind-blowing performance in the movie, ‘Steel Magnolias’ (1989), and received her first Golden Globe Award and Academy Award nomination.
Yet another notable movie was ‘Pretty Woman’ released in 1990 in which Julia received her second Oscar nomination and Golden Globe Award.
Roberts had a guest role in the second season of the hit series ‘Friends’ in 1996. She had won her first Academy Award for the movie ‘Erin Brockovich’ released in 2000. She was paid 20 million us Dollars for this film making her the first actress to earn this payment.
Julia made her debut appearance in a music video for ‘Dreamgirl’ released in 2005. Julia starred in the movie, ‘August: Osage County’ in 2013.
Her spectacular acting earned her Golden Globe Awards, Screen Actors Guild Award, Academy Award, and Critics’ Choice Award nominations.
Her movie, ‘Wonder’ released in 2017 was critically acclaimed. For the Amazon Video series ‘Homecoming’ which premiered in 2018, Roberts received a Golden Globe Award nomination. Her film, ‘Ticket to Paradise’ will be released this October.
Besides acting, she had a production company named, Red Om Films. It is partnered with her sister Lisa Roberts and Marisa Yeres Gill.
Julia Roberts’ Height and Weight
Julia Roberts has a height of 5 feet 9 inches (175 cm or 1.75 m) tall. She weighs 58 kg (127 pounds). The mother of three has a well-maintained physique. Julia has a proper diet plan and she practices yoga.
Julia Roberts’ Relationship Timeline
Julia has had numerous boyfriends at various points in her life. Let us explore them one by one.
Julia had a relationship with Billy Idol in 1984. The duo met each other on a flight to Australia. She had dated Liam Neeson in 1988. Julia was just 19 at that time and her then-boyfriend was 16 years older than her. The relationship ended after two years.
Roberts and Dylan McDermott started a relationship in 1988. They split apart after a year. She started dating Kiefer Sutherland in 1989.
They decided to get engaged but Julia cut off the relationship in 1991 due to Kiefer’s affair with another woman. After that break up she started a brief relationship with James Foley.
That same year, she started dating Jason Patric. But they broke up after a year. In 1993, Roberts married Lyle Lovett. Before their engagement, the duo dated for 23 days. The ceremony was on June 27, 1993. The couple got divorced in March 1995.
In 1995, she had a one-year relationship with Mathew Perry which lasted a year. She had dated Ethan Hawke that same year. Soon, she dated Pat Mannochia the following year.
Julia had a relationship with Benjamin Bratt in 1998. Finally, she met her present husband Danny Moder in 2001. Moder had a wife, Vera Steimberg Moder. He got a divorce after a year. Julia and Moder tied the knot on July 4, 2002.
The couple became the blessed parents of fraternal twins, Hazel Moder (daughter), Phinmnaeus Moder (son) on November 28, 2004. After three years, Julia gave birth to their third child, Henry Daniel Moder on June 18, 2007.
Julia is rumored to have dated Richard Gere, Dodi Fayed, and Daniel Day-Lewis.
Julia Roberts’ Personal Info
Julia Fiona Roberts was born on 28 September 1967, in Smyrna, Georgia, United States. Robert’s acting skills came from her bloodline. Both her parents Walter Grady Roberts and Betty Lou Bredemus worked as one-time actors.
They worked in numerous theatrical productions and ran an acting school. Later they formed the Atlanta Actors and Writers Workshop. Julia has an older brother Eric Roberts and an older sister Lisa Roberts.
She has a half-sister, Nancy Motes. She has English, Scottish, Irish, Welsh, German and Swedish ancestry.
- Birth Name: Julia Fiona Roberts.
- Nickname: Jules.
- Date of Birth: October 28, 1967.
- Age: 54 years old.
- Birthplace: Smyrna, Georgia United States.
- Religion: Julia was raised as Catholic. Presently, she follows Hinduism.
- Zodiac Sign: Scorpio.
- Father Name: Walter Grady Roberts.
- Mother Name: Betty Lou Bredemus.
- Siblings Name: Lisa Roberts, Eric Roberts, Nancy Motes (half-sister).
- Spouse/Partner: Billy Idol (1984), Liam Neeson (1988-1990), Dylan McDermott (1988-1989), Kiefer Sutherland (1989-1991, engaged in August 1990 and separated on June 1991), James Foley (1991), Jason Patric (1991-1992), Lyle Lovett (1993-1995, married on June 1993 and divorced in March 1995), Ethan Hawke (1995), Mathew Perry (1995-1996), Daniel Day-Lewis (1995), Pat Mannochia (1996), Benjamin Bratt (1998-2001), Daniel Moder (2000- present, married on July 4, 2002).
- Children: Hazel Moder, Phinnaeus Moder, Henry Daniel Moder.
- Ethnicity: Her parents have English, Scottish, Irish, Welsh, German and Swedish ancestry.
- Occupation: Actress, Model, Producer.
- Education: High School (attended Georgia State University, Campbell High School, Griffin Middle School, Fitzhugh Lee Elementary School).
- Tatoo: No.
- Sexuality: Straight.
Julia Roberts’ Body Measurements
Julia Roberts stands 5 feet 9 inches or 1.75 m (175 cm) tall. She weighs 58 kg (127 pounds).
The 54 years old actress looks young with a chest size of 34 inches (86.3 cm), a waist size of 24 inches (60.9 cm), a hips size of 35 inches (88.9 cm), and a body measurement of 34-24-35 inches or 86.3-60.9-88.9 cm.
Julia Roberts has an athletic build and an hourglass body shape. The actress has light brown eyes and dark blonde hair.
Talking about her outfit sizes, Roberts has a dress size of 4(US) or 36(EU) or 8(UK) and her shoe size is 9US) or 40(EU) or 7(UK).
Julia Roberts’ Body Measurements
175 cm (5 feet 9 inches)
58 kg (127 pounds)
34-24-35 inches (86.3-60.9-88.9 cm)
34 inches (86.3 cm)
24 inches (60.9 cm)
35 inches (88.9 cm)
Figure or Body Shape
Big megawatt smile
4(US) or 36(EU) or 8(UK)
9(US) or 40(EU) or 7(UK)
Julia Roberts’ Favorite Things
Are you curious to explore the favorite lists of Julia Roberts?
- Favorite Foods: Noodles, Pasta, Coconut water, Blueberries, Sourdough toast.
- Favorite Places: New York City.
- Favorite Movies: Pretty Woman (1990).
- Favorite Actress: Her favorite actresses are Aiswarya Rai Bachan, Katherine Hepburn.
- Favorite Actor: Ethan Hawke.
- Favorite Color: Julia’s favorite color is Green.
- Favorite Artists: Michael Jackson, Beyonce.
- Favorite Outfits: Gowns, Jacket, Jeans, t-shirts, top.
- Favorite Products: Lancome Absolue Precious Cells Advanced Regenerating and Reconstructing Cream, Lancome Bi-Facil Eye Makeup Remover, Serge Normant Meta Morphosis Hair Repair Treatment, Shade SPF 40+ Opaque.
- Favorite Books: How to Behave in a Crowd (Camille Bordas), The Wild Palms (William Faulkner), An Imaginative Woman (Thomas Hardy), Written on the Body (Jeanette Winterson), The Red Tent (Anita Diamant), The Heart is a Lonely Hunter (Carson McCullers).
- Favorite Perfume: Lancome La Vie Est Belle.
Besides these, Julia loves knitting, yoga, and reading.
Kirsten Dunst’s Height, Weight, Measurements
Lacey Chabert’s Dating History, Body Measurements
Jennifer Aniston’s Height, Weight, Measurements
Lindsay Lohan’s Dating History, Body Measurements, Net Worth
Julia Roberts’s Awards and Nominations
Throughout her acting and singing career, Julia has won 31 major awards among 93 nominations!
- Behind the Academy Awards 2001- Best Actress.
- British Academy of Film and Television Arts Awards 2000- Best Actress in Leading Role.
- Screen Actors Guild Awards 2000.
- Blockbuster Entertainment Awards 1997, 1998, 2000- Favorite Actress in Suspense, Comedy, Drama (4 awards).
- MTV Movie Awards 2000- Best Line from a Movie.
- Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards 1991- Favorite Movie Actress.
- People’s Choice Awards 1997, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004- Favorite Movie Actress (7 awards).
- Teen Choice Awards 2000- Choice Actress.
- Critics’ Choice Awards 2000.
- Golden Globe Awards 1990, 1991, 2001 (3 awards).
- London Film Critics’ Circle 2000.
- Los Angeles Film Critics Association 2000.
- National Board of Review 1994, 2000, 2004 (3 awards).
- San Diego Film Critics Society 2000.
- Satellite Awards 2019.
- Hollywood Film Festival 2013 (2 awards).
- Palm Springs International Film Festival 2013.
Julia Roberts’ Net Worth
What do you think of Julia’s net worth?
Julia Roberts’ net worth is estimated to be $250 million US Dollars in 2022. Julia is a highly acclaimed actress in Hollywood. She has a production company, Red Om Films which has two other partners, her sister Lisa Roberts Gilan and Marisa Yeres Gill.
Julia has endorsed several world-class brands like Lancome and Gianfranco Ferre. She was paid 20 million US Dollars for her work in the 2000 film, ‘Erin Brockovich’.
This made her the highest-paid actress in Hollywood in the 90s. Roberts also has luxurious mansions in top-notch cities in the world.
Did Julia Roberts Get Plastic Surgery?
Julia Roberts is surrounded by a bunch of rumors about her plastic surgery. The actress looks fair and beautiful in her fifties. Therefore, some believe that she has plastic surgery to maintain her charm.
While most celebrities do have such surgeries when they witness their middle age or in the starting phase of old age.
Julia is well aware of this fact. In an interview in 2014, she said that it is risky for the older actress not to have plastic surgery. In the entertainment industry, physical looks are so important.
The facial features need to be expressed well to connect the emotions with the spectators or audience.
Roberts’ opened that she had insisted Lancome brand (one of her endorsing brands) retain her as an old model. She said that no such surgeries are done on her face.
According to her, the cleanliness of the body is much more prominent. However, some reports say that Julia had botox injections once. Julia said that the procedure was unfit for her face and will think twice before getting into such surgeries.
The Bottom Line
Julia Roberts is a versatile actress popular for her outstanding roles mostly in the Hollywood films released in the 1990 and early 2000s. Roberts is a humanitarian and always finds time in charitable programs.
Roberts was an active supporter of UNICEF and raised funds through various strategies. Apart from this, she speaks for environmental conservation and women empowerment.
Julia became the spokeswoman and advisory board member for ‘Earth Biofuels’ in 2006. She appeared in various documentaries which promote nature conservation.