Calvin Cordozar Broadus Jr. AKA Snoop Dogg is a popular, known, and brilliant American music icon. Over time, the singer has amassed a substantial brand right after getting featured in Dr. DRE’s solo debut single.
Popularly, Calvin is known by his stage name, Snoop Dogg. Having sold more than 35 million albums globally, Snoop has acquired 16 Grammy nominations and many other achievements and records.
If you wish to know more about the famous Snoop Dogg- his weight, body measurements, Net Worth, height, personal information, success story, relationships, and much more, this guide covers almost every detail of the successful rapper. Have a look!
Snoop Dogg’s Career Success
Speaking of his career success, SnoopDogg’s album (The Doggfather) achieved 2x platinum back in 1997. Besides, Calvin made a vivid appearance in ‘California Gurls’ by Katy Perry.
Later, Snoop was spotted on Dr. Dre’s solo single debut, ‘Deep Cover’. Consequently, he released another debut solo album, ‘The Chronic’.
Apart from his music career, Snoop has also made several appearances on the big screen. Back in 1994, his debut film with Murder Was the Case as Himself.
Because he is one of the finest and most successful music makers and rappers, Snoop has done plenty of tours and concerts.
In addition, Snoop has made appearances in plenty of shows in Wrestle Mania XXIV. Snoop Dogg has cast his voice in the animated movie SpongeBob, ‘Sponge on The Run’ in 2020.
Snoop Dogg’s Quick Bio
Born on 20th October 1971, in the beautiful Long Beach in California, Snoop Dogg has quite a childhood history. His birth name is Calvin Cordozar Broadus Jr.
His parents, Vernell Varnado (Father) and Beverly Tate (mother) wanted to shower plenty of love on their child. However, circumstances are not always pleasant.
His father, Vernell, was a soldier who served in the Vietnam War. Additionally, Vernell worked as a postal carrier and vocalist too.
Right after Snoop’s birth, Vernell had to leave his wife and 3-month-old son because of the war. The Vietnam War veteran remained absent for the rest of his life.
SnoopDogg’s mother, Beverly Tate, raised Snoop Dog single-handedly. She was a homemaker. Initially, he grew up in the east of the city. However, once he reached 15, he relocated to the city’s north.
Calvin was named ‘Snoopy’ by his parents because he had tons of craze and affection for a cartoon character from ‘Peanuts’.
It is said that Snoop Dogg got his surname ‘Broadus’ from his stepfather. However, his mother and stepfather got divorced in 1975.
Speaking of his young age, Calvin was known as one of the famous gangsters in the city back in the 1990s. However, he started picking an interest in music gradually.
Owing to this, he thought of joining the music industry. He began his journey by singing at the Golgotha Trinity Baptist Church.
When he was a child, he also took piano lessons. This was when he decided to make songs that everybody would love to hear.
Snoop Dogg has an American nationality. However, he preaches Rastafari as his religion. He has mixed ethnicity.
Calvin is first cousins with Ray J and Brandy (music actors). SnoopDogg is also the cousin of Sasha Banks (a female WWE wrestler).
- Birth Name: Calvin Cordozar Broadus, Jr.
- Nickname: Snoop Dogg, Snoop Lion, and The Doggfather
- Date of Birth: 51
- Age: October 20, 1971
- Birthplace: Long Beach, California, USA
- Religion: Rastafari
- Zodiac Sign: Libra
- Father Name: Vernell Varnado
- Mother Name: Beverly Tate (Broadus)
- Siblings Name: Bing Worthington
- Spouse/Partner/Girlfriend: Shante Broadus (wife)
- Children: Cordell Broadus, Cori Broadus, and Julian Corrie Broadus, (sons); Corde Broadus (Daughter)
- Ethnicity: Mixed, Afro-American
- Nationality: Nigerian
- Occupation: Rapper, Record Producer, Actor, Singer, Songwriter, Activist
- Education: Graduate
- Tatoo: Portrait of his wife, Portrait of his companion
- Sexuality: Straight
Speaking of education, Snoop Dogg went to the Long Beach Polytechnic High School for his high school education. Later, he went to the El Camino College Campton Center for graduation in the US.
Snoop Dogg’s Height and Weight
Snoop Dogg stands 6 feet 4 inches (193 cm or 1.93 m). Speaking of weight, the actor cum rapper is 75 kg (165 lbs).
He lives a free life. He believes in fitness, yet, he does not restrict himself. Despite this, he has a great height and weight.
Snoop Dogg has a beautiful pair of dark brown eyes.
Snoop Dogg’s Body Measurements
Snoop Dog has an average body shape. Snoop’s arms measure 16 inches (41 cm), his chest measures 45 inches (115cm), and his waist measures 33 inches (84 cm).
He has an oval-shaped face cut. He has black hair. His braids and funky hairstyles are one of his distinctive features.
Snoop has a shoe size of 12 (US) or 11.5 (UK) or 46 (EU).
Snoop Dogg’s Body Measurements
6 feet 4 inches, (193 cm or 1.93m)
75 kg, (165 lbs)
16 inches, (41 cm)
45 inches, (115cm)
33 inches, (84 cm)
Face shape, and hair
12 (US), 11.5 (UK), 46 (EU)
Snoop Dogg’s Net Worth
As per official reports of 2022, Snoop Dogg has a net worth of 160 Million Dollars. His total worth is a result of the estimation of his music career, acting career, and involvement in various shows.
Snoop Dogg’s Relationship Timeline:
On 12th June 1997, Snoop Dogg tied knots with his school girlfriend, Shante Broadus. However, after 7 years of marriage, the couple decided to part ways.
Their marriage started facing challenges.
Owing to this, Snoop filed for a divorce in 2004. But, there was fate’s play. The couple remarried after four years in January 2008.
Snoop Dogg’s Most Loved Things
Here is the list of Snoop Dogg’s most favorite things:
- Favorite Foods: Chicken Wings
- Favorite Places: Singapore, Hawaii
- Favorite Movies: Kung Fu Flicks
- Favorite Actress: Angelina Jolie
- Favorite Actor: Tom Hardy
- Favorite Color: Blue, Black
- Favorite Artists: Beatles
- Favorite Outfit: Baggy T-shirts and Jeans
- Favorite Products: Armani, GUCCI
- Favorite Book: The GodFather
- Favorite Perfume: Hugo Boss
Calvin loves drinking, smoking, and has a considerable inclination towards sports and music.
His favorite music brands include Metallica, Thrash Metal, and K-POP. His favorite TV Program is The Tudors (2007).
Speaking of sports, he loves basketball and football. His favorite basketball teams are the Los Angeles Dodgers and the Los Angeles Lakers.
His favorite football teams are USC Football and Pittsburgh Steele.
Snoop Dogg’s Habits
- Snoop Dogg was behind bars during his teenage/adolescence. This was due to his cocaine possession. He had spent a massive time inside prison.
- While he was young, Snoop would make homemade tapes, owing to his interest in rapping and singing, along with his cousins.
- Exactly then, one of his tapes intrigued Dr. Dre. This was a turning point in his life.
- David Beckham and Cameron Diaz are good buddies of Snoop.
- Not just once, but Snoop has been detained by the cops several times because of his marijuana possession.
- Snoop was also detained for vandalism and misconduct several times.
- Calvin, aka Snoop Dogg, is a licensed football coach. This is why Snoop led Cordell’s (Snoop’s son) small football team in school.
Snoop Dogg’s Accomplishments
Snoop Dogg is famous for his best-selling album, ‘The Album Doggystyle’. Immediately after this, he started receiving sales and awards one by one.
Snoop won tons of awards for his hit songs and albums. A few of his achievements are
- American Music Awards: fav rap/Hip-Hop Artist (1995)
- APRA Music Awards: International Work of the Year (2011)
- AVN Awards: Best Selling Title of the Year (2004)
- BET Awards: Best Collaboration (2003)
- Billboard muѕіс award (2001)
- МТV Еurоре Мuѕіс аwаrd: bеѕt Нір- Нор (2005)
- МТV Vіdео Мuѕіс Аwаrd: bеѕt dаnсе (2006)
Besides this, Snoop has even appeared for countless Hollywood movies.
Snoop Dogg’s Social Media Profiles
Being a popular sensation, Snoop Dogg holds an active fan base. New-gen or old-gen, Snoop had amassed a vast fan following. He is active on different social media platforms. Here are his social media profiles.
The Bottom Line
The hip hop music legend had garnered tons of experience, made contributions, and brought some exclusive evergreen music in the industry.
Not only did Snoop Dogg achieve heights on his own, but he has also helped several musicians to leverage their musical careers.
Despite having a ‘not good enough’ childhood, he had put a lot of time and effort into building a good personality. Today, Snoop Dogg is listened to by millions of his fans and people all over the globe.