Dakota Johnson is a talented and charming actress in Hollywood. She was listed in the Under 30 Hollywood and Entertainment chart (list of 30) by Forbes Magazine.
Dakota proved herself a fantastic actress who could display pain, joy, anger, and other emotions effortlessly.
She was fortunate to have a family with a stronghold in Hollywood. Johnson had a wonderful childhood.
Check out Dakota Johnson’s height and weight, body measurements, success story, net worth, bio, relationships, habits, and much more.
Dakota Johnson’s Success Story
Dakota Johnson started modeling during her early teenage years. As both her parents were actors, young Dakota was attracted to acting in movies.
But her parents insisted she complete high school first. After her graduation, she decided to follow her passion.
Dakota had her debut role in the movie ‘Crazy in Alabama’ in 1999. She and her sister Stella Banderas got the golden opportunity to act with their mother Melanie Griffith.
Thus their real mother became their reel mother in that movie. Dakota won the Miss Golden Globe in 2006 which marked one of her first achievements.
Johnson signed a modeling contract with IMG Models in 2006. She had done a bit of modeling when she was a teen and appeared in a photo shoot for Teen Vogue. In 2009, she modeled for MANGO brand, a jeans line company.
It was Tom Todoroff who gave her the initial acting lessons in 2008. Soon, Dakota signed with William Morris Agency. She had a small role in ‘The Social Network’.
She had minor roles in films like ‘Beastly’, ‘For Ellen’, ‘Goats’, ‘The Five-Year Engagement’, ‘Need for Speed’, and ’21 Jump Street’.
Dakota starred in the movie, ‘Date and Switch’ directed by Chris Nelson. She had her TV debut in the series ‘Ben and Kate’ in 2012. Finally, Dakota got her career breakthrough.
It was from the movie, ‘Fifty Shades of Grey’ in which she acted as Anastasia (Ana). This 2015 movie established her as an actress with worldwide recognition.
In 2015, Dakota acted alongside Johnny Depp in the movie ‘Black Mass’. Soon, she acted in the film ‘Bigger Splash’ directed by Luca Guadagnino. The following year, she acted in the movie ‘How to be Single’.
Dakota starred as Susanna in the horror movie ‘Suspiria’ in 2018. This movie was the remake of the 1977 Italian movie. Dakota’s performance received praise from the audience.
Johnson acted in the thriller film ‘Wounds; in 2019. This movie took inspiration from Nathan Ballingrud’s ‘The Visible Filth’. This is followed by her role in the movie ‘Our Friend’ alongside Casey Affleck and Jason Segel.
Dakota had her contribution to the film’s soundtrack where she sang three covers. She launched her production company ‘Tea Time Pictures’ in partnership with Ro Donnelly. The company focuses on TV series and film production.
Dakota acted in the movie ‘The Lost Daughter’ in 2021 which took inspiration from the novel written by Elena Ferrante. Her production company has planned to create numerous works over the coming years.
Dakota Johnson’s Quick Bio
Dakota Mayi Johnson popularly known as Dakota Johnson was born on October 4, 1989, in Austin, Texas, United States. She is the daughter of the famous actors’ Don Johnson and Melanie Griffith.
Dakota has six half-siblings, Alexander Bauer, Jesse Johnson, Jasper Johnson, Deacon Johnson, Grace Johnson, and Stella Banderas. Most of her family members worked in the film industry.
As a teenager, Dakota visited the film sets of her father and mother and gradually she developed an interest in acting.
- Birth Name: Dakota Mayi Johnson.
- Nickname: Dakota.
- Date of Birth: October 4, 1989.
- Age: 33 years old (as of 2022).
- Birthplace: Austin, Texas, United States.
- Religion: Christianity.
- Zodiac Sign: Libra.
- Father Name: Don Johnson.
- Mother Name: Melanie Griffith.
- Siblings Name: Half-brothers: Alexander Bauer, Jesse Johnson, Jasper Johnson, Deacon Johnson & Half-sisters: Grace Johnson, Stella Banderas.
- Spouse/Partner: Jordan Masterson (2011-2014), Mathew Hitt (2014-2016), Chris Martin (2017).
- Children: No.
- Ethnicity: Father- English, some Scots-Irish/Northern Irish, Scottish, German, remote Dutch, and French Huguenot & Mother- English, Welsh, Scots Irish/Northern Irish, Irish, Sottish, Swedish, German, and Norwegian ancestry.
- Occupation: Actress, Model.
- Education: High school (Aspen Community School, Santa Catalina School, New Roads School).
- Tatoo: Withering Flower tattoo (outer side of right wrist), Ear tattoo (behind her right ear), Birds tattoo (right side of her back), ‘Look at the Moon’ text tattoo (outer side of right foot), ‘Amor’ tattoo (back side of neck), ‘Acta Non-Verba’ text tattoo- meaning Deeds not Words (left bicep), Infinity symbol tattoo (below her left eyebrow), ‘I Love You’ text tattoo (right arm).
- Sexuality: Straight.
Dakota Johnson’s Height and Weight
Dakota Johnson stands 5 feet 7 inches (171 cm or 1.71 m) tall and she weighs 54 kg (111 pounds).
She has a perfect body build with an hourglass body shape. Dakota does workouts and yoga to maintain her physique.
Dakota Johnson’s Body Measurements
Dakota Johnson has a height of 5 feet 7 inches (1.71 m or 171 cm). She weighs 54 kg (119 pounds).
The stunning actress has a chest size of 34 inches (86.36 cm), a waist size of 24 inches (60.96 cm), a hips size of 34 inches (86.36 cm), and a body measurement of 34-24-34 inches or 86.36-60.96-86.36 cm.
Dakota has an attractive smile. She has green eyes and dark blonde hair. The gorgeous actress has an hourglass body shape.
What about her outfit sizes? Well, Dakota’s dress size is 4(US) or 36(EU) or 8(UK) and her shoe size is 8(US) or 39(EU) or 6(UK).
Dakota Johnson’s Body Measurements
171 cm (5 feet 7 inches)
54 kg (119 pounds)
34-24-34 inches (86.36-60.96-86.36 cm)
34 inches (86.36 cm)
24 inches (60.96 cm)
34 inches (86.36 cm)
Figure or Body Shape
A little gap in the front teeth, Forehead bangs
4(US) or 36(EU) or 8(UK)
8(US) or 39(EU) or 6(UK)
Dakota Johnson’s Net Worth
Dakota Johnson has a net worth of 14 million US Dollars in 2022. She was born to a rich family where both her parents are actors. Most of her earnings are from Hollywood.
She owns a production company too which increases her annual income. Moreover, Dakota is the celebrity ambassador of premium brands. Other income sources include advertisements and social media.
Dakota Johnson’s Dating History
Dakota Johnson had several relationships in the past. Are you curious to find out the lucky ones who dated Dakota? Let’s find out.
Dakota had dated Jordan Masterson in 2011. Their romance went well for three years. In March 2014, the duo broke up. Dakota started a relationship with Mathew Hitt in April 2014.
When her film, Fifty Shades of Grey was released, the couple broke up. It was in 2015. But they restarted their relationship again in 2015.
But eventually, it ended the following year. The main reason for their break up is due to their busy schedule and thus they lost their intimacy. It was reported that Johnson had dated Nicholas Braun in 2015.
Finally, Dakota started dating Chris Martin. It was rumored that they were expecting a baby in October 2018. But it was a false one. The duo split up in 2019.
But after several days they restarted their relationship. Dakota is rumored to have Benedict Cumberbatch and John Ham.
Dakota Johnson’s Most Loved Things
Check out Dakota’s favorite things.
- Favorite Foods: Oatmeal, Poached egg, Wine, Pizza, Chocolates, Ice-cream.
- Favorite Places: Paris, Singapore, London.
- Favorite Movies: Mary Poppins (1964), Home Alone (1990), How to Lose A Guy in 10 Days (2003), Stepmom (1998), Fried Green Tomatoes (1991), Steel Magnolias (1989).
- Favorite Actress: Meryl Streep, Margot Robbie, Jennifer Lawrence.
- Favorite Actor: Morgan Freeman, Dylan Minnette, Colton Haynes.
- Favorite Color: Her favorite colors are Pink, Black, and Silver.
- Favorite Artists: Rihanna, Selena Gomez.
- Favorite Outfits: Denim dresses, jackets, crop tops, gowns, tops, leggings.
- Favorite Products: Dakota Loves products from Gucci, Givenchy, and Loreal.
- Favorite Books: Harry Potter Series (J.K Rowling), Lolita (Vladimir Nabokov).
- Favorite Perfume: Gucci Bloom perfume.
Besides these, Dakota Johnson loves watching movies, reading, singing, traveling, and shopping.
Emilia Clarke’s Bio, Height, Weight
Lily James’ Measurements, Height, Weight
Millie Bobby Brown’s Height, Weight, Body Measurements
Emma Roberts’ Height, Body Measurements, Net Worth
Dakota Johnson’s Awards and Nominations
Dakota Johnson is a talented Hollywood actress. She has won 11 major awards among 25 nominations. The actress has the caliber to bag more honors in the future. Check out Dakota’s achievements.
- CinemaCon 2018- Female Star of the Year.
- Elle 2015- Elle Women in Hollywood.
- Golden Raspberry Awards 2016- Worst Actress (Fifty Shades of Grey).
- Golden Raspberry Awards 2016- Worst Screen Combo (Fifty Shades of Grey).
- Hollywood Film Awards 2010- Ensemble of the Year (The Social Network.
- Hollywood Foreign Press Association 2006- Miss Golden Globe.
- Film Independent Spirit Awards 2019- Robert Altman Award (Suspiria).
- Middleburg Film Festival 2021- Actor Spotlight Award (The Lost Daughter).
- Palm Springs International Film Festival 2011- Ensemble Cast Award (The Social Network).
- People’s Choice Awards 2016- Favorite Dramatic Movie Actress (Fifty Shades of Grey).
- Phoenix Film Critics Society 2010- Best Ensemble Acting (The Social Network).
Dakota Johnson’s Habits
Dakota Johnson loves horse riding, workouts, and yoga. Usually, she does a 45-minute workout. Instead of reducing the meal intake, she prefers to have 5 meals per day.
But the quantity is less. As per some reports, she follows a 3-2-1 (3 meals + 2 snack meals + at least a liter of water). Johnson has a habit of carrying three things in her purse wherever she goes.
They are keys, candy, and chapstick. Apart from that, she likes reading new books which could be fictional or informative. She is an animal lover and used to ride horses during her childhood.
Halle Berry’s Weight, Measurements, Dating History
Jessica Biel’s Bio, Height, Weight
Peyton List’s Height, Weight, Body Measurements
Lily-Rose Depp’s Weight, Body Measurements, Net Worth
Dakota Johnson is a stunning actress with an attractive personality. She is a businesswoman who co-founded a production company, Tea Time Pictures. She raises her voice against discrimination and inequality.
Dakota under the initiative of ‘Times Up’ (an organization that aims to support sexual harassment victims) collaborated with 300 women celebrities to safeguard girls from sexual abuse and injustice.
Dakota Johnson has a long way to go in Hollywood and has the talent to impress the critics and audience.